Thread: RPG Maker MV
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 03:33 AM   #5
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
I spent over 24hrs putting together a 16min scenario on PS1's RPG Maker. Had a working shop, boss battle, dialogue and most importantly - a simple script tree where picking fruit from a royal garden would send you to prison. It was cool.
I spent about 7-8 hrs on that one making a spriteset of Sephiroth from scratch. I remember wishing I could use some sort of mouse configuration on the Playstation, because piecing that together on the controller kinda sucked. At least I had lucked out and got my hands on a Dex Drive on the cheap. I was able to upload it to some now defunct site. Maybe 2-3 someones somewhere got to enjoy that.

Not going to mention how long I worked on a map of the Resident Evil mansion, and thought I was going to remake the whole game as an RPG... lofty goals that never happened. I think I made the first floor, scripted in an impossible fight at the front door (to kinda mimic the cutscene), put a save point where the typewriter was, and set the first zombie encounter past the dining room.

Gave me a whole new appreciation for actual devs, I'll tell ya...
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote