View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 11:22 PM   #2842
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
You're keeping Sting until the bitter end?
Thanks to the deep pockets of the Khan family I'm not hurting for money, so I don't think there's much harm in keeping a few non-wrestlers around for use in angles now and then provided they're over enough to boost whatever they're involvement and charismatic enough to talk.

Funny enough, in my 2015 WWE game I was planning on bringing back the brand split and had the idea of Sting as SmackDown GM. AEW has no formal on-screen authority figure, Tony Khan is acknowledged as the guy who makes decisions but he has no on-screen involvement. I prefer it that way in real life, BUT in terms of a game I think being able to do authority angles now and then might be beneficial, could be a route I go.

Quote:
Is that a thing in 4.2, where a worker just arbitrarily decides you're paying them more money. I think Sonya Braddock would be the only who'd be able to get away with that in my game...Jenna Kyle, too, under the right circumstances....
Only for people on Open contracts where they can work for up to 3 promotions at a time on a pay per appearance basis, I don't remember if Open contracts were a thing on earlier games. As WWE I imagine all of your workers are on exclusive Written contracts.

Technically nothing is stopping me from signing Rosa (NWA) or Callis/The Good Brothers (Impact) to full time deals other than trying to keep something mildly realistic at the moment, especially as Callis is an EVP at Impact.

That said, Open deals are great for simulating working relationships between companies, and much like real life I think I'll soon be working out a deal to borrow talent from New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Quote:
Blood and Guts? I mean, that's a bit extreme from a marketing perspective, no? I don't think even ECW or XPW went that far.
True story: on AEW's first ever show, Double or Nothing in May 2019, Cody and Dustin Rhodes had a match and it was essentially a tribute to Dusty complete with turning into an 80s NWA style bloodbath after Dustin bladed juuuuuust a bit too deep.

A few months later, Vince said on an investor call "WWE is not going to do blood and guts of things of that nature that our potential competition is doing, and I can't imagine TNT would put up with that kind of content"

Fast forward to March 2020, AEW announces a special Blood and Guts edition of Dynamite live on TNT.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote