View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 03:48 PM   #2863
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
I imagine Cage has some pretty good stats.
Yeah he's got upper 70s brawl and fairly decent tech especially for a big dude.

Quote:
This is some good shit, sprinkled in with some classic "heel accuses face of receiving favoritism" whining. I'm not completely on board with bragging about CZW but use what you can I guess.
One interesting thing AEW had to navigate early on is that the four guys who basically created the company (Cody, Omega, and the Bucks) are all EVPs. Cody did an angle really early on where he said he would challenge for the AEW World Title once and only once, and if he lost he would never challenge for it again. He lost, and has been out of the World title picture since. Down the line if he goes full-blown corrupt heel, who knows if he renegs.

Nobody really cares that Omega and the Bucks are champions right now because they haven't been overpushed, their spots on the card feel warranted as they're all really good, and they'll inevitably put the right guys over when it's time to pass the belts on.

Being proud of your time at CZW is a weird flex but Kingston (and Moxley too) have kinda embraced their deathmatch roots, like a sense of pride that they were tough bastards but able to rise above it.

Quote:
Oh, come on, I'm sure he's got one more battle for WCW's honor left in him.
Haha, it definitely won't be the last time I use him but I can't imagine a scenario where I book him in an actual match again. I wish he were a manager instead of a non-wrestler but I could always go the authority figure route down the line I suppose.

Quote:
Yikes, a smack of reality as I realize Daniels is 50. Has there been another guy like him where he's received chance after chance but never hit the upper echelon despite what he can do?
Yeah, Daniels fell into the dreaded "hell of a hand" label. A utility player who can get a great match out of anyone but never get pushed to the top guy. ROH gave him a thank you 3 month World title run in 2017 but that's about it. Cesaro's probably the closest guy to that in modern WWE.

Think Luke Harper/Brodie Lee was also in that group as well and his AEW run sure made it seem like he was gonna go to that top level, making his sudden illness and passing all the more sad.

Quote:
Another strong finish to a show. You'd have a pretty good upper-midcard/main event scene if you ever decide to split some of these guys down the road.
Yeah the Bucks are on fire with this series of matches against Inner Circle. Obviously I'm teasing a split coming and I have plenty of options. MJF is legit probably the best heel in the business and is only 24, he's decent in the ring too but his charisma is so off the charts it would barely matter. Sammy Guevara's only 27 and should have a bright singles future too.

Quote:
Now is Shida a wrestling crush because of her work or because she's got it going on in other departments?
A little from column A, a little from column B.

Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote