View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 10:00 AM   #2877
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Oops, I didn't see Judgment Day there as I worked on my Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
JUDGMENT DAY, BABY!!!: May 27, 2040

Pre-Show Match: The Wyldhearts and The British Infection vs. The Agents of Change and The Millennium Rebels
I GIVE THE MIDDLE FINGER TO SURVIVOR SERIES!!! Anyways, I got two sets of dueling tag teams here, all of them extremely talented so they get the task of getting the crowd into the mood. Mission accomplished as the faces get the win with Robbie Greer scoring a pin over Clayton North. ****1/4, 89% overall.
With your roster the way it is I imagine trying to find guys to warm up the crowd shouldn't be too hard, just walk down the hallway and point to the first few wrestlers you see.

Come to think, a Lethal Lottery tag tourney with legit pulling names out of a hat or using a randomizer is something I've thought of doing eventually.

Quote:
Judgment Day Opening Match: WWE Women's Champion Sonya Braddock and The Play Pals vs. Vivian Merrick and WWE Unified Tag Team Champions The Future Foundation
The faces need to win here if the Play Pals are going to earn themselves a shot at the tag team titles. The men get most of the work done here as Vivian is cautious about Braddock. However it comes down to the two women and despite Vivian's craftiness, the Women's Champion is just too much as she lands a Left Hand of God to get the pin. ****1/2, 92% overall.
Juice Robinson of NJPW has a move called the Left Hand of God too, it's a great finisher name. I imagine Braddock's looks more deadly.

Quote:
Second Match: Falls Count Anywhere, WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Jordan Demiras (c) vs. WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody
Hotbody wants to let everyone know that Zed Jones aggravated a nagging injury on SmackDown! and won't be able to join him here right now but he is getting looked at and will valiantly try to make his match against Haven. With that out of the way, Demiras uses the stipulations to his advantage to just absolutely ravage Hotbody for everything he's said and done for the last few weeks. Hotbody keeps running away but nothing seems to be able to save his ass as Demiras is fighting like a man possessed. They eventually make it to the backstage area near the garage. Hotbody crawls over to the rear of an ambulance and pleads his case one more time but Demiras moves in for the kill when suddenly the back door of the ambulance bursts opens smashing Demiras' face. WTF? IT'S ZED JONES! He was in the back of the ambulance! Demiras is down and Hotbody uses this opportunity to climb the ambulance and hit Demiras with the Hot Ticket! He gets the cover...AND THE PIN!!! We have a NEW Cruiserweight Champion! He immediately grabs the belt and runs all over the place triumphantly, even going back out to the ringside area and doing laps. He runs to the back and tracks down and finds Lisa Benton in her office and jumps on her desk, just completely rubbing it in her face and kicking stuff off in celebration. Security comes in to try to get him out but HE WILL NOT BE DENIED!!! He breaks free and just goes wild all throughout the arena. *****, 94% overall.
Bah gawd Zed Jones pulled a Buff Bagwell with the fake injury and popping out of the ambulance! Hotbody is a wonderful prick. And I saw he'll now be called the "Former Cruiserweight Champion-elect" I hope his moniker just keeps getting longer and longer.

Quote:
Third Match: Xavier Cross vs. Kerry Cemenko
A far cry from the cruiserweight action from before but these guys are still over enough to get an awesome match here. Cross takes advantage of Cemenko missing the Curb Stomp and hits the Cross Cutter for the win. *****, 97% overall.
"A far cry from the cruiserweight action before".......5 star 97% overall

Quote:
Fourth Match: Zed Jones vs. Haven
Jones is obviously fine and is thus good to go here. Unfortunately, Lisa Benton doesn't take kindly to the deception orchestrated by him and Hotbody so she makes this match No DQ. Oh, and since Hotbody went crazy with his celebration spilling outside the arena, he's locked out. This is a brawl you'd expect from two hosses. Sure, I'm giving Jones some good exposure and making him threatening and what not but he's not in Haven's league. Haven gets the win after the Sting of Solace. ****1/2, 92% overall.
Serves Zed right for making me remember Buff Bagwell exists.

Quote:
Fifth Match: Queen of Queens Fatal Four-Way: Naomi Bailey vs. Hannah McCormick vs. Faith Connors vs. Jenna Kyle
This is one fall to a finish. Hannah's tactic is to hit and run while Naomi just overpowers everyone. Jenna kind of defaults to the second face in this match as she and Faith look to come to some silent understanding that they have a better chance of succeeding if they team up. They get the upper hand to the point where the two of them can duke it out amongst themselves. The end comes when Naomi suckers McCormick into a false sense of security and hits her with the Bail Out to score the pin. Naomi gets the win and now gets to face Sonya Braddock at Night of Champions. ****1/2, 96% overall.
Naomi getting the win is a twist I wasn't expecting. Love the heel trying to buddy up with the other heel only to inevitably turn on them when it is most convenient to do so. Stupendous match as expected.

Quote:
Sixth Match: Kyle Jacobs vs. Salvatore Scabbia
Winner gets an Intercontinental Title match at Night of Champions. This is the cap on the feud between the two that began before WrestleMania and both are eager to get back on track after losing the Intercontinental Title. Jacobs ultimately proves that he is not a fluke and manages to break Scabbia's Omerta and hits a surprise Legacy Bomb for the pin. ****1/2, 91% overall.
Nice capper on the feud, I love the flurry of breaking out of a finisher at the end just to hit one yourself. Great drama.

Quote:
Seventh Match: WWE Intercontinental Title vs. Career
Brandon Reigns (c) vs. Jake Connelly
A match totally designed for Reigns' benefit. I don't do that WWE happy ending BS when it comes to legends hanging it up. They get their ass beat and humiliated in M-A-Gland. It's no different here as Reigns locks in the Iron Reign and gets THE CLEAN TAP OUT WIN to retain and send Connelly packing as far as in-ring competition goes. *****, 96% overall.
I mean that's the way it should be. It's fine to give the legend a nice showing (and holy fuck, 5 stars 96% overall is a hell of a way to go out) but you're always supposed to go out on your back.

Quote:
MAIN EVENT: WWE Unified World Title
Noah Carmichael (c) vs. Butch Fleming
Another difference from the real world, crybabies on Twitter don't get fed. That's proven here as after one hell of a brawl, Quentin McDaniels of all people comes out. It looks like he's trying to help...CARMICHAEL??? We'll never know as Fleming causes Carmichael to clash with the chair in McDaniels' hand allowing him to hit the Slaughterhouse Special for the pin and the title. He then proceeds to take the chair and just murders Carmichael's body with it in the name of GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP! Fleming takes his title as all of the SJWs go crazy on all of the message boards in utter disbelief that Fleming would be rewarded. Meanwhile, Noah Carmichael merchandise sales see a bump. *****, 97% overall.

Overall show rating: 95%
That's the way it had to go down, sitting out for a year was punishment enough, you can't bring him back just to have him lose. There's clear ratings with these two and I generally think the heel being chased makes for a more engaging story to tell.

95%, holy hell. That puts *insert your favorite real life PPV here* to shame.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote