View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 07:16 PM   #1337
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Raw on Monday, the first show with a semblance of a crowd in more than two months, still did the second lowest number in modern show history averaging 1.74 million viewers over the three hours, down one percent from the previous second lowest mark set last week.

The first-to-third hour drop was seven percent, which is lower than usual. It's a combination of a better show to keep the existing viewers and the fact that the Memorial Day Raw often starts out lower and a lot of people tune in later due to the holiday ...

The audience was down 21 percent from the same show last year overall and 29 percent down in 18-49 ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 1.81 million viewers
9 p.m. 1.73 million viewers
10 p.m. 1.67 million viewers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Fightful Select reported that NXT will have a live crowd on Wednesday with Performance Center talent being scattered as the audience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
MLW National Openweight Champion Alexander Hammerstone's MLW re-signing announcement led to the promotion's website breaking its record for visits in a one day period ...

The promotion is working on several new signings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Coming out this past weekend’s tragedy involving Hana Kimura, the ‘Terrace House’ reality series she was a part of has said it will not air any new episodes of the current season. Production has already been halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic but on Wednesday they stated that the current season is canceled. It has not been made official that the series is completely done:

Regarding “TERRACE HOUSE TOKYO 2019-2020”, we have decided to cancel the production. We take this issue very seriously and would like to continue to earnestly respond to it.

A Twitter account that follows the series is reporting that the series has not been canceled outright and thus far, it is the current season that has been canceled:

Terrace House Tokyo 2019 – 2020 has been cancelled. No new episodes will be released or produced. There’s speculation that this means Terrace House in general has been cancelled, but at this time, it’s only been announced that it’s the current season which has cancelled and won’t be continuing.
Quote:
WarnerMedia launched its HBO Max streaming platform on Wednesday with several ads running of AEW talent promoting the service. The platform is available for $14.99 per month in the U.S. with over 10,000 hours of content at launch. The idea is that HBO Max will replace HBO Now, which is an existing service with 8 million subscribers that features only HBO content – HBO Max includes content from all WarnerMedia properties including HBO. The price point of HBO Max has been debated as they have priced themselves above the industry leaders in Netflix and Disney+.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelByNature.com
Deonna Purrazzo appeared in a vignette during Tuesday’s edition of Impact Wrestling on AXS televison.

According to Fightful Select (subscription required), Purrazzo has not signed a deal with Impact Wrestling, and is working on a per-show basis at the moment.

She is scheduled to work at the up-coming television tapings in Nashville to see how things work out.

Purrazzo was among the recent WWE releases, and was on a non-compete clause until May 22 according to the report.

It was initially thought she was free to work elsewhere on May 15, but WWE decided to extend that date "be be safe."
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelByNature.com
WWE will be using a new name for for digital music releases as soon as next week.

As first revealed by Arenataping, WWE will use the name ‘Def Rebel’ for synchronization of music production made by DJDTP.

DJDTP was hired by WWE last year, and has produced over 40 entrance themes for the company.

When looking at WWE’s upload of Seth Rollins latest theme on Youtube, the name ‘Def Rebel’ is shown as the artist.

The group is also responsible for Karrion Kross’ theme, titled ‘Dead Silent’
For some reference, this group also did Io Shiari's heel NXT theme that hasn't been officially released yet due to some behind-the-scenes legal issues.

Quote:
WWE made a change to its production on Monday's Raw when they had NXT superstars as part of the live audience for the show. The superstars were behind plexiglass and helped create a more natural environment than the empty arena shows WWE had been producing over the last two months.

Tommaso Ciampa wasn't part of the empty arena crowd on Monday, but he weighed in on the change in an interview with Chuck Carroll of CBS New York.

"I was visiting my brother in North Carolina and driving home, so I didn’t see it. The plexiglass sounds a lot like NHL to me. I don’t know. I just feel like there’s no rights and wrongs. It doesn’t feel like there’s any right or wrong to anything. Everybody’s just trying. We’re just trying to give the best product we can give while abiding by guidelines, and keeping people safe and healthy, and giving people the next thing in entertainment. So I don’t know what’s right or wrong."

He continued, "You know, cinematic sounds really cool. Too much cinematic seems bad. It’s crazy to me. It’s just like, they don’t have really long matches. It’s just, there’s so many directions, and there’s just, at the end of the day, it’s exactly what wrestling is. It’s flavors and ice cream and opinions. And I think some people are going to be like, ‘oh yeah, this is great.’ And other people that are going to be like, ‘oh no, I don’t like this because I saw Shotzi [Blackheart], and she shouldn’t be there.’"

AEW first had wrestlers as members of the crowd to help differentiate themselves from WWE. The idea, which Tony Khan admitted he took from Jimmy Fallon, worked. Ciampa believes it can work in WWE, but there needs to be a change as far as who is actually part of the crowd.

"Having people who are on NXT, if I’m being completely honest with you, I don’t think that sounds like a good idea. I wouldn’t expect to see people from Raw or SmackDown in the NXT crowd come Wednesday night. And I don’t think you should see any NXT talent in the crowd come Monday night or Friday night. It doesn’t seem right. [Performance Center] guys, people who are students trying to figure this out? Sure. That makes perfect sense to me. You want to put them through the COVID test and all that, and give them that experience? That’s great. But people who we’re trying to build as Superstars, maybe we just keep them in front of the camera," he said.
Quote:
During an interview with Steve Austin in 2014, Vince McMahon implored WWE superstars to "grab the brass ring" and go for the top spot. McMahon's comments were sparked by what he believed to be a lack of ambition in WWE.

In 2011, Zack Ryder tried grabbing the brass ring by creating his own YouTube show as a way to get himself over. The show worked as crowds began rallying behind Ryder despite him not being featured much on television. But Ryder's push quickly faded and so did the notion that the "brass ring" was attainable.

"Every year, as long as I was in WWE, the Raw after Mania we had this BS company....everyone there at TV meeting where they say, 'The brass ring is there, it's yours, it's a fresh year. Who is gonna get it?' Ever since Long Island Iced Z, they don't even bother with that meeting anymore because they know it's not true. Even if you grab the brass ring, you're gonna get your hand smacked. If they don't want you to have it, you're not going to have it," said Curt Hawkins on Talk Is Jericho.

Chris Jericho weighed in on WWE not wanting Ryder to get over by saying, "There is a strange resentment where, if Vince doesn't think of it, it's not valid or real. The same thing happened with Daniel Bryan when he first came in. He got over because he knows how to get over, but they resisted it for so long until they didn't have a choice. I feel the same thing happened with Zack Ryder."

Ryder seemed to be in line for a big push as he was working with John Cena and Kane. But his push ended in a wheelchair, off the stage, on WWE Raw.
Quote:
Since the Wednesday Night Wars have started between NXT and AEW, NXT has seen an increase in main roster talent joining the brand including big names like Finn Balor and Charlotte Flair, who is currently the NXT Women's Champion.

During The Arn Show, Arn Anderson discussed why NXT feels to some that it has lost its coolness and swag with the debut of AEW. Anderson credits the returning stars from the main roster as the reason NXT feels different.

"Well do you think that some of the guys from the main roster that were bumped back down so that you have more star power on that show," Anderson said. "This is in the front offices mind, 'Okay, we'll take some of these proven talents and bump them back down to make that a more competitive brand with those people', but when they come back down they bring their Raw or Smackdown style with them. So it's not NXT or NXT style matches.

"Now it's guys from Raw or Smackdown that are bringing their style of work back down with them so that show dynamic changes. [The fans] are seeing a lot of stuff they see on Monday or Friday and now it's on NXT so it's not a pure NXT show."

Anderson also talked about his first thoughts about NXT when it originally started up and became a developmental brand. He noted what he enjoyed so much about it as a platform to teach talent the fundamentals of wrestling.
Quote:
Five years after their classic in Brooklyn, Bayley and Sasha Banks were reportedly set to meet in Boston.

According to Louis Dangoor of WrestleTalk, Sasha Banks vs. Bayley was originally planned for SummerSlam 2020. However, WWE now wants to extend the feud as they reportedly see more potential in drawing it out rather than rushing it.

The report goes on to say that part of the decision to delay the match has to do with the venue. SummerSlam was originally slated to take place in Boston, where Banks is billed from, but those plans are now up in the air due to the coronavirus pandemic.

WrestleTalk ends the report by noting that Banks vs. Bayley at SummerSlam isn't off the table, but WWE is "considering other options" at the moment.
Quote:
The Bump featured a tremendous tribute for the late Shad Gaspard on today’s episode. It featured comments and memories from MVP, New Day, Tyson Kidd, Natalya, Bobby Lashley, Shelton Benjamin, Jeff Hardy, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, referee John Cone, and John Morrison.

TPWW Frontpage:
The Chris Jericho Cruise Is Returning Next Year
AEW Dynamite & NXT Cards for Tonight + AEW Rankings
Deonna Purrazzo Joins Impact Wrestling
Ratings: The Rock’s Titan Games Premiere, AEW Countdown Special
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote