View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 12:25 AM   #119
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post

As I said earlier this game appeals to a niche group of the fan base who mainly enjoy the more atmospheric elements of Bethesda games and like to just walk around and explore. Again, making a game that only appeals to this group is where Bethesda went wrong.
What makes this more ironic is the fact that the whole idea behind this game in the first place was to offer something for the people outside of the "niche" that actually liked Fallout from day one, when it was truly a "Post Apocalyptic Role Playing Game". Let's alienate those people by making a shitty version of other stuff the new players we're looking to attract are already playing but with Fallout assets.

I don't think "worst game of the year" is overblown. In fact, I'm more disheartened by this shitshow potentially tanking the IP and the world can possibly be denied another actual, good Fallout game because of the parade of mistakes and missteps taken here only teling Bethesda that they need to take a step back instead of looking at why they need to take that step back and course correct in the future. And for what? To sell some extra Vault Boy swag in their percieved perpetual money-making machine?

I feel like Seph: maybe after all that content, and tweaking the game for the better, I might give it a proper go... because I still hate that I am not excited about/really enjoy something that is Fallout. A game that makes me nostalgic for Brotherhood of Steel is clearly doing something wrong.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote