View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 08:27 PM   #42733
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Conrad Thompson has done well for himself. I don't have any ill will towards him, but his podcasts just have this ring of "let's suck up under the guise of telling it like it is." I can't believe how successful Bruce's bullshit is. Tony is a funny guy, but there was so much "I don't remember," "WWF was always better -- I should have stayed there." I refuse to listen to Bischoff's. I like Bischoff as a performer, but as a person he is so full of shit. The company fell apart in such a public way that I don't think there is much left to say. Bischoff sold the company's soul to the devil in order to buy a few huge years with Hogan and the nWo, and then things turned ironic.

Russo can just fuck off forever, thanks. I get so infuriated when I hear people actually defend him like it's not a myth that has been completely busted. The worst is that you can't reason with people like that, because it's such an unreasonable position. But there are still people who credit Russo as the mastermind behind the WWF's success, and some even go as far as to credit him for 2000 as well, because he "planned ahead." I also get annoyed by the "he seems like a nice guy" narrative when he has tried to fuck over everybody he has worked with to get himself into position. Which would just be office politics if he didn't deny being that sort of person. He's also a misogynistic, homophobic piece of shit. Grrr, he angers me so fucking much! I seriously want to start a "Fuck Vince Russo" thread and just post in it every couple of weeks about what a piece of shit this guy is. The dude actually wrote a book that included phrases about how hard the business has been on his family, and it's still his fucking chosen profession as he sooks about how wrestling hurts his kids.

I've been listening to Cornette's podcasts more frequently recently. I don't disagree with Cornette on much politically, but I prefer it when he talks about wrestling, because that's why I listen. But fuck me if his promo on the right-wing wasn't fucking hilarious this week. The guy's magic on the mic. One of those comedy news shows should hire him to do a segment where he chimes in like those 1997 Raw ones but for politics.

Cornette occasionally focuses on one subject with his "deep dives." I like Brian's questions too. But I would like to see Cornette do a "go through the Observer" look at the WWF during the Attitude era or something like that. I'd like to hear more specifics on how Russo was full of shit, or how things were supposed to go. The WWE narrative is kind of that they got to 1998 and then they were great and everything was sunshine and roses, and there isn't really anyone to give an honest take on the creative process. JR is someone that could shine a lot of light too.

I'd actually like to hear a Cornette/Shiavone podcast, with Shiavone playing more of the apologist and Cornette slapping down the silly.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote