View Single Post
Old 11-22-2023, 01:26 AM   #49
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I still think that was the plan when Vince was distracted with XFL 2: Electric Boogaloo. Set guys up in NXT, hammer out the things they consider kinks, and call them up as "new" superstars with something to them that's already kinda working. As much as I couldn't stand HHH as a talent, he does make a far better coach and team executive than the mediocre, up his own ass player he was on the field.

But Vince came back too early, saw the talent on the burner, and went "WHAT THE FUCK, PAL?!?" here and "BUT HE'S JUST SO TINYYYYY!!" there, and fucked everything up with touches and spins when they got called up. As much as they dodged a proverbial bullet with Velveteen Dream (we didn't know about the crazy batshittery and the child chasing at the time), but I remember being more fearful than excited with his "Call Me Up, Vince" gear that he would be taken up on it, then stripped of everything that made him so captivating. Multiply that by nearly everyone.

I think that's also why there was this whole "turmoil backstage" thing brewing a few years ago with Hunter - the rumors of people talking about how they were "lied to" was prob'ly because the original plan of pushing guys Vince wouldn't have running up against a returning Vince who wasn't having it. And because it's Vince, the issue goes unaddressed because you can't just throw "THE" big boss under the bus he's clearly driving.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote