View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 12:22 AM   #13
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
There's not much to disagree with here. 1998 was certainly a hot year for the company. It does seem to be a "Where do you go from here?" problem they've got towards the end.

I've never been a big DDP fan, but I can't deny he was huge. I remember kids at school referencing the Diamond Cutter all the time. I've never really entertained the idea of DDP beating Goldberg clean, but it would almost definitely be more satisfying than Nash ending the streak and doing the Fingerpoke.

What would you have done with Bret Hart in 1998? Does he come over as hot as I imagine, or is it just retroactively that perceived missed opportunities with him are recognized as such? With Sting as the champ and Goldberg on the rise, it doesn't feel like there is much room for Bret as a babyface.

Is it too low to put him in the US Title scene? Or is that an effective way of jabbing the WWF and presenting a guy who could claim to be the rightful WWF Champion in that light in your company?
bret wasnt a draw for vince. Without the belt bret doesnt have any worth. Id have paid him to sit at home until his contract ran up. Theres nothing for him. Cards too stacked.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote