View Single Post
Old 05-21-2023, 10:15 PM   #22
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
This post is sponsored by Kaiser Knuckle's General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
I knew one kid that had a Jaguar and it was....huge and not that good from what I remember. Whatever flagship game it came with had something to do with a ship that could change shape or something I think. In any case, it didn't last long.

TG 16 should have been bigger for what was already said here. Own array of games and good ones too.

I remember playing CDI once in a store (The Incredible Universe for those of you from South Florida) and thought the laser discs or whatever it used was sweet. Never knew anyone that had it though.

The Neo Geo was almost like an urban legend where you were always told that it was like having arcade level games at home but because it cost like $1 million bazillion no one had it. I still to this day don't know what one looks like so I guess I'll have to check it out now after all this time.
That Jaguar game you're speaking of is probably either Cybermorph or its follow-up, Battlemorph. I still have magazines from that era where even then people were writing in to complain about having buyer's remorse from the console. The consensus seemed to be that Tempest 2000 was the best thing the Jaguar had to offer, but something like that could be done on the 16-bit consoles and it wasn't enough. It had a great port of Doom, but I was playing that on the PC already.

The CD-i is one of the few consoles that I haven't seen in person, but you brought up the 3DO's quirk with the controllers, and even though it's kind of weird, it's infinitely preferrable to the CD-i putting the second controller port IN THE FUCKING BACK! Who does that?

The Neo-Geo seems like it was the way to go and would've been worth the money...if any of us had some at the time. Fatal Fury was pretty good whenever I managed to give it a whirl on an arcade machine.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote