View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 09:32 PM   #353
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Bert Villacorta sent the following....I was watching TNT's NBA halftime show during the Mavericks and Nuggets game and Charles Barkley gave a shoutout to Ric Flair and wishing him well in his surgical procedure on Friday. This was followed by a couple of 'whoos,' one of them from Barkley himself.

PWInsider.com has confirmed Flair is indeed undergoing a procedure. We are not aware of the nature of the situation but want to take this moment to wish Flair nothing but the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE star Finn Balor will be walking to the ring this Sunday with Irish boxer Mick Conlan at this Sunday's Top Rank Boxing card at the Hulu Theatre inside Madison Square Garden.

The event will air live on ESPN+ at 3 PM EST. Conlan's fight will likely air in the 7 PM hour.

This will be the second year in a row that Balor has appeared alongside Conlan for St. Patrick's Day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Anthem Entertainment and its subsidiaries filed a flurry of motions on Thursday 3/13 in the U.S. District Middle District of Tennessee, requesting yet again that the latest, amended lawsuit brought against them by Jeff Jarrett and his company Global Force Entertainment be dismissed.

In the motion, Anthem argued that Jarrett and GFE have failed to state an “adequate claim” of copyright infringement because they never registered the copyrights on the Global Force Wrestling Amped! footage before filing the lawsuit against Anthem. They are also arguing that since Jeff Jarrett himself authorized the usage of that footage during the time he was Chief Creative Officer for Impact, he granted them a license for the content and the usage of his name and likeness. They are also again asserting that they own the trademark and copyright on “Jeff Jarrett” after they took over Impact Wrestling and the ownership of those trademarks were transferred into their ownership. They also deny that they have abandoned that trademark, therefore Jarrett cannot petition the court to have it awarded back to his ownership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The Ronda-Becky stuff seems like it's Paul Heyman-esque bombastic in the promos, the delivery, the violence, even the Tweets. Am I right?

You are 100% right. As we have mentioned on PWInsider Elite audio over the last several weeks, Heyman has been working in concert with Ronda Rousey to script everything surrounding the build to her Wrestlemania main event. So, if you are enjoying all the twists and turns, it's absolutely Paul Heyman's work in the middle of all this.

---

I seem to remember a TV show where Jesse Ventura played a cop who was a wrestler, but I can't find anything on it. Any ideas where I can find it on DVD?

You are remembering the ABC pilot "Tag Team" which starred Ventura and Roddy Piper as blackballed wrestlers who become police officers. The pilot was actually pretty good for its time. Unfortunately, there was an issue between the network and the production company and the entire thing was dropped. The in-ring footage that was shot would actually be the last time Ventura wrestled, although he would later appear as a referee. The show is not available on DVD, officially.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Starrcast was announced for Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas from 5/23 to 5/26
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In that Sports Illustrated report, they also had an interview with Arn Anderson who will be appearing at Starrcast, where he will be doing a "no-holds barred" interview. Anderson commented, "It used to be a dangerous setting when they handed me a live mic. So we’ll see if it will be again."

On his WWE exit, Anderson said, "I was fortunate enough to work with WWE for 18 years. Certainly that provided my family and myself with a nice living, and I have no regrets. A lot of my best friends still work there. Everything has a shelf life, and I guess mine ran out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On 3/9, Arn Anderson applied to trademark his wrestling name for "Entertainment services, namely, live appearances by a professional wrestler and sports entertainment personality; Entertainment services, namely, personal appearances by a professional wrestler and sports entertainment personality; Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibits and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer."

There are no records of anybody previously officially owning the name.

On 3/10, a company based in Alabama called "Toot Toot" applied to trademark "Four Horsemen" ...

The address given for the applicant is the same that was used by Conrad Thompson when he applied for "83 Weeks", "Something to Wrestle" and "Starrcast" trademarks so this could be a possible new venture between between him and Anderson.

There are also no official records of any prior Four Horsemen wrestling-related trademarks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Also on 3/10, Cody Rhodes applied for two trademarks "The American Dream" and "The American Nightmare"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
NOVA Pro Wrestling has announced that their WrestleMania Weekend card as part of “The Collective” at the White Eagle Hall in Jersey City is off. The Saturday at Noon timeslot is going to be picked up by Game Changer Wrestling and they will be honoring the tickets sold to the Nova card.

The big match Nova was promoting for that show between Shinjiro Otani and Jonathan Gresham will still be happening at the new show in its place. The promotion has announced it is going on hiatus after their March 30th card following a swarm of messages online this week regarding talent not being paid. It is unknown if any of the other matches that were booked for ‘Mania weekend will be salvaged. Talent booked for the Nova card in Jersey City included Jordynne Grace, Saraya Knight (Paige’s mother), Puma King, Session Moth Martina, Faye Jackson, Shazza McKenzie, Jimmy Yuta, and Chris Brookes among others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
WWE is hyping that Kurt Angle will reveal his WrestleMania 35 opponent on Monday's Raw. Angle announced this week that he'll be having his farewell match at WrestleMania on April 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
WWE fueled speculation on the WrestleMania 35 Farewell Match opponent for WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle today with an Instagram graphic, as seen below. The post asks fans who they want to see as Angle's final opponent, and the graphic includes John Cena, WWE United States Champion Samoa Joe, Baron Corbin, Drew McIntyre, Shelton Benjamin and WWE Intercontinental Champion Bobby Lashley.

As we've noted, Cena vs. Angle has been rumored due to their history. Angle noted in his post-RAW interview on Monday night that names discussed included Cena, Joe, McIntyre, Corbin, Lashley and AJ Styles. Styles is now confirmed to face Randy Orton at WrestleMania, Joe has an ongoing feud with Andrade, Rey Mysterio and R-Truth, and Lashley is expected to defend his title. Corbin or McIntyre are rumored to face Roman Reigns. It is interesting that they included Benjamin on the list.

Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote