Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 10:04 PM   #254
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat View Post
Nothing for the time being due to USA Network being terrible at creating new big hit shows.

The real problem is WWE's numbers are actually trending lower percentage wise than the yearly average across tv which is why it seems insane NBC is paying that much for RAW going forward. UFC being on the market the same time as the WWE ending being the best thing to happen to the WWE since they got to take advantage of the bidding war for UFC.
Yeah, I'm sure I've read that the WWE is decreasing a rate faster than television in general. The deal makes sense for USA, because they need something, but I just get hung up on that number. The competition from FOX makes sense as a haggling tool in the WWE's favor, but I'm not sure that the television bubble is just going to keep increasing and increasing for WWE.

The deal includes the reality shows, which do well. It wouldn't surprise me if there are more on the way too. They've got that Miz one coming out. It wouldn't surprise me if Rusev & Lana get one at some point. I mean, they effectively cancelled SmackDown with this deal too. It's a very weird deal that makes sense when you put into the perspective that NBC Universal wants to keep them and has to make a competitive offer with FOX that is scared they are going to lose UFC.

Vince is more lucky than good in this scenario, although I'm sure he would never call it that.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote