Thread: 100,002 Replies
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 11:34 PM   #1513
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
When the MCU stuff launches. Not signing up to yet another stream service just for Mandalorian (excited as I am about it).
Just as well. Much like with *anything* at launch anymore, it could use improvements. For example, for some odd reason, I watched the season 2 finale of Ducktales reboot (I had seen the rest via other means, since I could never get Disney GO to work), and after I was done, they appear to have reshuffled/renumbered the episode order. This wouldn't be so much of an issue if the 2017 series weren't semi-serialized; most of the episodes stand alone, but actually take place in chronological order, with callbacks to things that happened previously. Season enders wrap up a whole background arc. It's one thing when Fox did this with Firefly. It's another with Disney screwing their own property.

There's also stuff that has a thumbnail, but not up yet, and occasionally flat out won't run (with an error message).

Being fair about it, though, I just rolled with the $13 bundle. The minute they decide that they're leaving too much money on the table and charge "full price" for Disney, ESPN, and Hulu separately, I'm out.

Besides Mandalorian and the aforementioned Ducktales eps, I've also got my fix of 90's X-Men and 1981 Spider-Man (pre "Amazing Friends", though that's there too). I needed to hear the classic Dr. Doom voice somewhere other than an MF DOOM album.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote