View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 12:08 PM   #57
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
A real world (and far more important in the world) equivalent would be political posts on Facebook. Like 80% of my friends are left leaning. For pretty much all of 2017 I saw statuses all the time about all the terrible shit Trump was doing, and I was right there too joining in.

At some point last year, everybody on my friends list stopped posting about Trump. I actually talked about it with my most liberal-minded friend about it and she was like "we already know how terrible he is, and the people who still support him aren't ever going to change their mind so at this point posting nonstop about how we're fucked doesn't do anything but make people who are already paying attention even more depressed".

It's outrage fatigue, essentially.

I'm the type of person who, if I don't watch Raw, will look at the results, make one post "well looks like I didn't miss anything", and call it a day. Not spend time categorically breaking down why each segment is shit and pissing off people who already agree with me via hammering the same points over and over again.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote