View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 08:24 PM   #1344
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 View Post
Wonder Woman told a story of a young girl who strived to do more and has a sense of purpose and undying desire to do the right thing. Her supporting cast both admires and believes in her cause and willingly put their lives at risk for her, with one sacrificing himself so she can save the day, as he explicitly said.

Superman told the story of a man who stumbled thru life with no purpose or desire to do anything, who happens to figure out what he is, and questions what he should do and only acts because he feels obligated to. Those around him waver on there feelings for him and intentions, since he doesn't make them very clear as he plods along.

The only thing they have in common is they are origin movies for super powered beings. The actual story they tell are not the same. Like Destor and others have said, strip it down to the bolts and movie plots don't differ much.
I'll have to disagree but I understand what you are saying. The two characters act completely different but the story told is pretty much the same. Take gender and their personality out of it and its a story of a child who's an outcast and has to figure out who they really are by themselves as they grow up, find love, and face an enemy from their past. It may be a typical origin story but of all these superheroe movies these two tell are the most similar as any. I haven't seen another one that was that on point with all most every aspect of the story.

I liked Suicide Squad as well, wasn't big on the main villian and thought it should have been Joker but I thought it was decent.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote