View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 10:45 PM   #1348
Damian Rey 2.0

Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
I'll have to disagree but I understand what you are saying. The two characters act completely different but the story told is pretty much the same. Take gender and their personality out of it and its a story of a child who's an outcast and has to figure out who they really are by themselves as they grow up, find love, and face an enemy from their past. It may be a typical origin story but of all these superheroe movies these two tell are the most similar as any. I haven't seen another one that was that on point with all most every aspect of the story.

I liked Suicide Squad as well, wasn't big on the main villian and thought it should have been Joker but I thought it was decent.
In no way was Diana an outcast. She was universally loved by not only her own people, but the people she meets as she embarks on her journey. It's like, at what point does Superman go looking for trouble or stand up and declare himself a powerful being who wants to help because he can and its the right thing to do? The story they told for each character isn't remotely the same beyond superpower being comes out to the world to save it. That's it. The rest of it isn't at all alike.

And Suicide Squad was an absolute turd. It was horrible. BvS at least had some great standalone scenes. Suicide Squad was a steaming pile of shit with a few cute lines from Margot Robbie.
Damian Rey 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote