View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #661
Skippord
I'm Mr. White Christmas

Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
After news broke yesterday that Peter Sarsgaard would likely play the villainous Dr. Hector Hammond in Green Lantern, some of you noted, "What the hey? Why isn't Sinestro the bad guy? He's the yellow yin to Green Lantern's yellow-hating yang, he has a big pink head, he looks like David Niven, and he's pretty much the only Green Lantern villain anyone knows." (Paraphrased.)
Well, guess what, guys: it turns out Sinestro probably is in it! And if he is, Jackie Earle Haley is totally playing him. Hitfix has heard that, "based on the relationship they have with [Haley] from "Watchmen" and "A Nightmare On Elm Street," Jackie Earle Haley is the only choice for Sinestro by the studio," and hints that perhaps he's being set up for villainy in a sequel. So maybe Sinestro will be a good guy in this film, then in the second reveal, "Guess what, Green Lantern, I'm bad! You should have guessed because my name basically contains the word 'sinister'!" And Green Lantern will say, "Welp, etymology fucked me again," which is his catchphrase.
Skippord is offline   Reply With Quote