View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 03:39 AM   #1964
Jeritron
Get a poke on

Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'm glad they're finally going to do Lizard. Since it's going to start with Spidey's days as a student I think it's a fine choice.
It's a shame though because they had built Curt Connors up so well in the Spider-Man films. It would have been great when Raimi did it in part 4.

I'd still like to see them go a different route with villains in this series though. Does Sony have the rights to Kingpin, or does Fox have him locked up with Daredevil?
I'd love to see Kingpin established as a major crime lord/villain in Spider-Man. That would be a great way to use some of Spider-Mans villains that wouldn't really be able to carry an entire film alone. Tombstone, Smythe, Shocker and Rhino, maybe even Scorpion or Hobgoblin.

It would also be a different approach to the villains, to have him fighting a crime lord and corrupt businessman. They could also build up Oscorp and the Norman Osborn arch a bit more this time around, and even play Jameson as more of an asshole than comic relief.
That would really set the tone for the whole scope of Spidey's New York and the odds he's up against with corporations, the mafia, and the media all against him, while he still has to balance girlfriends and homework.

I think it would be a lot more complex and wide-scale than him fighting individual villains who wreak havoc after failed experiments. That's great in it's own right, but Raimi did it so well and it would be nice to see them captialize on a chance to do something different.
Jeritron is offline   Reply With Quote