View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 06:32 PM   #7885
mitch_h

mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
I watched 5 and 6 recently because I was intrigued by the fact that the series has supposedly gotten better and I like The Rock. Here are my spoiler filled thoughts and observations.

Fast Five was good, perfect mix of self aware ridiculousness and legitimate film making. Was Vin Diesel getting broken out of the prison bus part of this movie or was it to get people up to speed with the franchise?

Scene where they are in the Favela jumping from rooftop to rooftop was legitimately good. Jordanna Brewster jumps 20 feet off a roof, crashes through sheet metal and then tells Paul Walker she is pregnant.

"Aww hell nah" - Ludacris' first line of dialogue.

None of the lead characters are really interesting or charismatic but they are sincere and seem like nice people so you get invested in them. The Rock is awesome though, he is mean to people and crashes through windows... no way Vin Diesel could take him.

Final action sequence is great, I'm glad they completely abandoned their Ocean 11 approach and just ripped the bank vault out of the wall with their cars.

Interesting streak of anarchism running through this film, contemporary figures and institutions of power are demolished - the rich, the police, a bank.

Boring epilogue.

8/10

Fast and Furious 6 - The Rock has still got it.

The scene with the supercar that flips regular cars is great. Good little inside reference with the little Asian boy on the bus, I wonder how many little inside jokes I'm missing.

I like that every British guy in this movie gets their ass kicked or they are humiliated.

I totally forgot about Jon Kano fellater Michelle Rodriguez, ugh, too much backstory and Vin Diesel. I don't like her amnesia subplot, I guess I don't approve of soap opera storytelling mixing with big blockbuster aesthetics.

Ludacris is accused of changing/selling out since acquiring millions of dollars, apparently he use to be a modern day Robin Hood, he challenges this by rigging an ATM machine to shoot out loads of cash that is quickly collected by hot women with breast implants.

Tank scene was okay.

MMA chick from those animated gif memes is a good addition, I don't know if her heel turn makes sense but whatever.

Tyrese Gibson has gone from comic relief to completely fucking retarded, he is of no benefit to the rest of the team and almost shoots our main characters with a grappling hook.

Main bad guy looked familiar, I thought I might know him from some cool foreign film, I was disappointed to discover that I recognized him from the Hobbit films.

Airplane scene pretty good, not as good as the bank vault scene from Fast Five though. Sweet doomsday device by the Rock and Vin. I was hoping it would be the hot Israeli girl who emerges from the fire.

Haha, movie ends with our heroes holding hands saying grace.

6/10

Last edited by mitch_h; 04-16-2015 at 10:57 PM.
mitch_h is offline   Reply With Quote