View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 08:56 PM   #90
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I don’t like what wrestling has “evolved” into. It’s not a evolution, it’s an unnecessary deviation into trivialization. I miss guys calling matches in the ring and making things seem organic. That’s “better” to me than everyone trying to go out there and dance their little hearts out.

AEW sucks. It’s not good television. At its core, WWE has some stuff they do really well, but I don’t know how people can watch whole shows anymore. I hope something they eventually change is the emphasis they put on shows. You can still break them into clips for YouTube, it’s just that the television packaging would be better.

I’m hungry for something resembling the wrestling I cared about to come back. I think it will have to come from WWE expanding though. My latest hope is that when the TV deals are up, WWE will want to get as many networks/streaming services on side as possible, so they dig deep and generate more content with a different flavor to it. Maybe they send Cody Rhodes to run a revived WCW or something? I dunno, just a pipe-dream.

Maybe a scandal pushes The Rock to create something with Disney/ABC? Right now it seems that he’d just waltz into WWE though. But maybe an Amazon Prime or someone who feels like they miss out on WWE deals next round throw their own hat into the ring? Come on wrestling, something needs to happen.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote