View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 12:52 PM   #859
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Just watched the latest One Punch Man. All these upgrades Genos gets every time he is defeated seem to finally be paying off. And he seems like he's getting "woke" within the context of the show, i.e. he is finally starting to understand the advice Saitama gives him.

His entire advice has been "Be stronger" and Genos still keeps losing bigger fights only to be saved by a man who has great power but no enthusiasm or obvious motivation.
Genos is motivated by revenge, Saitama at this point is just drifting between passionless good deeds looking for a challenge he may never find, encountering skills he can easily defeat.

I dunno if the show is making a point about purpose or goals anymore, it's quite hard to see where it's going but I have to admit it still hits me right in the space between love and fear so I'll often find myself overpowered by laughter or empathy only to feel the terror of life's great unknowns following distantly behind.

It is brilliant, but it's so much more than just a funny cartoon.

I wish I was aware enough to totally understand it but maybe leaving me with questions is part of the appeal. All I know is that I watched the first season three times in a few months so hopefully the official English dub of season 2 comes out soon so I can feast my eyes properly and fill in whatever I missed with those odd YouTube cuts.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote