View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 10:04 PM   #297
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
One of the match types from All In is returning for All Elite Wrestling's first show.

Episode four of AEW's "Road to Double or Nothing" series was uploaded today. It was announced that the Over Budget Battle Royale is returning for Double or Nothing, with Sonny Kiss, United Kingdom wrestler Kip Sabian, and Brandon Cutler being spotlighted as three of the entrants for the match.

Cody Rhodes mentioned that they have a "really great incentive" for the battle royal winner but said he can't speak about that now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The first rounds and semi finals of the 2019 Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic will be held at the WWE NXT tapings tonight.

There will also be a #1 contenders match for NXT Women's championship between Bianca Belair and Io Shirai
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The tournament brackets for the 2019 Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic are as follows:

Left side:
*Moustache Mountain vs. Street Profits
*Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch vs. Forgotten Sons

Right Side:
*DIY vs. Undisputed Era
*Aleister Black and Ricochet vs. Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 2/17 episode of Total Bellas on E! brought in 426,000 overnight viewers, up from last week's 396,000 overnight viewers. That reversed the trend of the series hitting new lows this season, although 426,000 viewers would still be the second lowest audience in series history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
205 Live will be holding a single elimination tournament with the winner facing Buddy Murphy for the Cruiserweight title at WrestleMania. The tournament kicks off next Tuesday in Charlotte with Drew Gulak vs. Brian Kendrick and Kalisto vs. Tony Nese.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
All Elite Wrestling runs into trademark trouble.

PWInsider reports that AEW's application for the 'All Elite Wrestling' trademark has been given an initial refusal. AEW reportedly needs to amend their classification and Identification of Goods and Services as some identifications need to be clarified. They also need to pay the proper fee, as according to the USPTO, they classified 13 classes and only paid for 9. A disclaimer is also required that they are not claiming the exclusive right to use the word "wrestling."

Their applications for 'AEW', the AEW logo and 'Change the Universe' have all been given initial refusals for the same amending of classification and Identification of Goods and Services and paying the proper fee as well.

Furthermore, their trademark for 'AEW All Out' has also been given an initial refusal due to two pending active applications using the word 'All Out.' If registered, it might have an effect on AEW's application being registered.
Quote:
The latest on WWE's plans for Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania.

According to Bleacher Report's Jeremy Botter, "unless plans change," Daniel Bryan will face Kevin Owens at WrestleMania 35 on Apr. 7.

Botter does not mention whether or not the WWE Title will be involved. Bryan is currently scheduled to defend the WWE Title against Kofi Kingston at WWE Fastlane on Mar. 10. Owens has been out of action since October 2018 following double knee surgery. In recent weeks, WWE has been running vlog style updates from Owens, who has been bowling and going to the movies with his family. On Feb. 11, the WWE social media account tweeted that there is "only one month" before Owens returns. It's unclear whether Owens will be part of Raw or SmackDown once he returns.

Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer recently reported that Bryan would be facing "a returning superstar" at WrestleMania 35. Owens was listed as one possibility by Meltzer.
Quote:
Big changes were made to this past Monday's episode of Raw.

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, the idea to use NXT talent was a late decision that not even Triple H knew about. Meltzer stated there was "a lack of communication" throughout the process ...

Meltzer goes on to report that Ricochet was originally scheduled to face Finn Balor, but the match was changed by Triple H, who didn't want a face vs. face match or either guy taking a loss. Balor had won the Intercontinental Title the night before at WWE Elimination Chamber and Ricochet would have been making his debut. Ricochet and Balor ended up teaming together to defeat Bobby Lashley and Lio Rush.

Finally, the bout between Ronda Rousey and Ruby Riott was reportedly scheduled to be Rousey against Alexa Bliss in "a quick squash" but the match was changed when they "needed more time" out of the match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPWW Frontpage via Triple A
According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Raw had to be heavily re-written on Monday. The original script had several Seth Rollins segments where he was supposed to get physical, but WWE learned on Monday that Rollins could not be cleared, so several segments had to be scrapped and lots of the show had to be re-written.

Rollins has a problem with a disc in his back, according to Meltzer. He doesn’t need surgery and will be fine after some rest, and he doesn’t appear to be in any danger of missing WrestleMania. It was thought that he could wrestle now if needed, but apparently that’s not the case, as WWE learned on Monday. But he’s apparently close to being cleared, so he should be OK soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPWW Frontpage via Triple A
Vince McMahon reportedly showed up at around 1 PM local time on Monday and from then on, the show was re-written. It was not done until 30 minutes into the show and they were still changing things into the second hour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
In regards to his contract, AEW had obvious interest in the Japanese Superstar, but in an interview with ShuPro (translated by NJPW Announcer, Chris Charlton), Ibushi spoke about the factors that kept him out of AEW.

"The second I went, that would be the end of my wrestling career, I thought," Ibushi began. "What I realized [talking to AEW] was I really don't care about money. ... AEW said they just want me in their ring in some form. The ideal for them was for me to move to America and be there full-time. I turned them down just after Wrestle Kingdom. ... If I went it would be the end of my career. There wouldn't be anywhere else to go after that. No step up, nothing left to do. That would be the last step to make, and after that things would just go down. Great money, but I want to keep developing."
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote