Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 11:22 PM   #3144
Nark Order
Soundly Defeated Wadding

Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
It just seems funny to me that it's such a knock on him by his haters. If he doesn't make the playoffs at all those 9 years, or even half of them, I don't think he gets the same flack. Despite it being a much worse thing to do. It doesn't make sense.

Like I said, I'll take the guy who HAS shown he can win big games but also loses a lot because he's so fucking good in the regular season that he has a shitload of opportunities over the guy who has won a higher percentage of playoff games but struggles to make the playoffs in order to play the big games to begin with. And also struggles to get a bye when he does get there while the other usually gets to skip the wild card round. And again, that's not even factoring in that the second guy who struggles in the regular season has had much better teams surrounding him than the other one did for most of those one and dones.
He has his shortcomings. He just does. Pointing them out doesn't make one a hater. Really all of his flaws are only relevant in a "best of all time" conversation anyhow. He's one of the best QBs ever but in the "who is the greatest ever?" discussion, things like playoff wins and SB wins matter.