View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 11:14 AM   #130
LuigiD

LuigiD has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LuigiD has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LuigiD has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LuigiD has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LuigiD has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LuigiD has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe2222 View Post
Total swerve when they killed off the Emporer in Return of the Jedi. They should’ve answered all the questions about him.
While I agree with this statement, the scenarios are not really the same.
By the time Ep. 7 came out, we had already established a much larger cinematic universe that encompassed 6 movies instead of just 3.
With the exception of the clues given to us in some of the visual guide books or newer novels, extremely little is known about how the Empire survived and managed to become the Fist Order...that is where Snoke came in.
We're told that he is ancient and very powerful, it is given the impression that he has been pulling strings for a long time. He might at some point have even communicated with Palpatine in some capacity and Snoke appears to be responsible for the survival of the Empire remnants..which became the Fist Order.

Supposedly, he led them through the uncharted space where he allowed them to re-group. All of this seems pretty significant to me, specially the ancient evil part. How long has this guy been around? has he been plotting shit all along in the common universe? maybe we will find out.

I don't think the movie is bad but it suffers from some "bad movie" elements. I am not a fan of wasted characters, in the same way that I didn't like Hicks and Newt getting killed off like they're nothing in Aliens 3.
LuigiD is offline   Reply With Quote