View Single Post
Old 04-25-2023, 05:15 AM   #47
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The nerd in me is curious about whether this is a new title history or an old one, but then I realize that it doesn’t really matter. A new history might encourage me to think that they might go with an unexpected champion from a different cultural background for PR reasons. Like a Bobby Lashley or a Rey Mysterio to tout that.

It seems like it could be all about ticking up guys career accolades. I think the US and IC Titles could be used for that, but there is the modern realization that audiences just don’t care about those belts in the same way and you’re kicking water uphill trying to make them. They’re kind of albatrosses. Not that I think they should bail on Gunther getting the record.

My general prediction would be Cody gets it, LA Knight gets it from him, Cody goes to the other show via Royal Rumble and we get something like Roman/Cody and LA/Sami at Mania. I could also see them getting Sami into Saudi and having him win it in a “big” moment. But I’m not unconvinced it won’t be used as a belt to show off people of color or whatever.

I hope it comes from inspiration and their acknowledgment to see potential stars that they just can’t jam through the “Roman door” at the same time…but we’ll see.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote