View Single Post
Old 05-27-2023, 11:12 PM   #14157
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
3 years is a lightning fast dev time so your sarcasm doesnt really work. Excluding iteratives the average for double A titles is 4 years with AAA titles at 5 years and projected to balloon to 7 years over the course of this genration.

Titles like Fifa, NBA 2k, Madden, etc arent new games every year. Theyre the same game tweaked slightly year after year. You're paying for a roster update and some gameplay tweaks. The core coding and underlying architecture is the same year over year. They arent starting from 0.

For instance if this managed to make enough to fund a 2024 update they could use that time, obviously, update the roster and continue to refine the core systems. Maybe add a match mode or two for the back the of the box marketing. But it would be the same game. It could be a million percent better in a years time but it would essentially be an alpha vs a beta build.

And make no mistake this could very easily be an alpha build sent to market a year early. That is my primary concern. The game needed a industry standard dev time and didnt have the funds to get it. That would essentially make this game the "go fund me" for the new AKI game we've been wanting for decades for.

Tl;dr you're really in the dark on this topic. Make fun of visuals, sure. Not a point of interest for me personally but im a guy who picked Triangle Strategy as my 2022 GotY. Visuals arent something that makes me open my wallet. Ultra low priority. Graphics fanboys are def going to have a good time at the all you can eat meme machine that this will offer. Dev times though? You might as well start talking about nuclear physics. You know as much about both topics.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote