View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 01:30 PM   #575
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I really think that the WWE would be in better shape if they dropped an hour from RAW, ended the brand split, focused their championships and only had 12 PPVs a year. The "they get paid for that third hour" is all well and good as an argument, but at some point you have to consider that they are driving away enough people that aren't going to be feeding them in other ways due to fatigue. The same with the content issue on the Network. Yes, it is good to have something happening on there, but if people can't keep up then they are going to feel disconnected and lose interest altogether.
This is what bothers me about people like you.

You may not like it, but the numbers say you're wrong. Revenues keep going up. Yes it is possible that the next rights fees deal nets WWE less money, but then you see that USA recently put out a press release talking up WWEs impact on their success this year. When you have ratings declining across the board, even the NFL has seen major dips this year, and you're doing better numbers than almost everything else on cable on your night, your rights fees will likely go up. As a publicly traded company, if it ever came out that WWE turned down a bucket of money from USA to add an hour of programming with no evidence of it harming the business, the stock would plummet.

I can't imagine why anyone would complain about more content on The Network. If I'm paying my $10 a month, and the content provider says here's a bunch of extra stuff for no additional cost, why would I complain about that? I don't watch 205 Live for a variety of reasons, but it's great that is there for the people who like cruisers, and I could binge watch if I got some additional free time. It's like joining a wine club and being upset that the winery started sending you four bottles a month instead of two. If you can't drink all four bottles, just leave some in the wine cellar for your next fundraiser. Or give them as gifts to your gardener, mailman, pool guy, maid staff, valet, shoe shiner, etc.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote