Thread: Horror films
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 12:37 PM   #46
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Sometimes a film may make a subliminal statement about the film industry and it's fans or society in general, as this movie does. But more often than not those statements are not the impact that stays with me, this movie is a good example of that. I don't watch films for "statements" but rather to see creative storytelling, basically a good entertainment experience. I'm generally not a statement minded person when it comes to film and theatre, I'm more about an emotional connection/development over the course of the story. I do notice these themes (not always) but I don't hinge my enjoyment of a picture on the subliminal. For instance the statement of casting a black lead in NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD was lost on me when I first saw the film because I was a kid who didn't grow up during the civil rights movement. I can look back and that and be like "oh, cool". But it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the film aside from the fact that the performance he gave was awesome and totally memorable.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote