View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 10:01 PM   #72
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
They can pay him a lot. Karl Anderson was getting $750,000 a year. Karl Anderson. They'd break the bank on Brock. Guarantee he would make $2 million before even sponsorships and the like.

Why would he go to Japan? He has friends there. That is why he was on tour for what they turned Beast in the East into. He probably doesn't mind being washed away in a different culture, given his anti-social nature. He can re-up with the WWE, or he can move around, get paid what is still a lot of money (enough money, anyway) to be a fresh attraction in a new environment, and can always re-sign with Vince when he's done his shtick there. Look at how quickly New Japan has reinvigorated Chris Jericho.

Wrestlers used to go other places all the time to freshen themselves up and keep themselves from getting stale in one place where they've done it all. Because if they stop drawing, they stop getting paid. Brock going to Japan immediately makes him the biggest talk in wrestling, it immediately puts asses in seats, it immediately refreshes him as a draw in professional wrestling. Then he can go back to Vince and say "Hmm, you want me at WrestleMania? You only paid me $1.5 million for that one show last time, but now I want $2 million for it."

Brock also gets bored. He got bored in WWE last time. He went to Japan. He took some losses in UFC, went back to WWE. It's not because he's a quitter. He went back to UFC and cleared that up. Dude's a shark -- he needs to keep moving. He's been with WWE collecting great paychecks for almost six years now. You have people starting to whinge about him "I'm bored of Brock, all he does is this, this and this." Brock has Heyman in his ear who knows how this game works, and isn't particularly attached to the WWE himself.

When Brock Lesnar's deal comes up later this year, I'd be very, very, very, VERY surprised if he didn't at least talk to people there. To be honest, and I doubt they can pay him as much, it'd surprise me if Brock doesn't talk to All Japan too. They've shrunk in size compared to New Japan and even other promotions there, but allegedly they had one of the best growth years of any promotion in the world in 2017, and if Brock decides there is more window to "make a splash" with them, even in Japan and revive old-school competition and bidding, then he might go there too.

I don't think this is as outlandish as I'm making it seem. Sometimes you take a lower deal in order to increase your overall value. There are blue-chip shares, and then there are riskier ones. Brock doesn't need money at this point in his life. Why is he even wrestling for WWE at all? He's a guy that's always kind of wanted to prove a point. And it's not like he's spending money to go and work in Japan. He'll be getting paid for a change in environment and to have more reputable matches with guys who aren't quite the same as the geeks in the cartoonish WWE.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote