Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 04:27 PM   #2456
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
TNA was a point of derision for basically its entire run. There’s a 2004-2006 period where people were somewhat hopeful, but it was still marred by bad booking and ridiculous ideas.

I have no clue why AEW gets to escape. My thinking is that wrestling is so much WORSE now that people will take anything. I remember when people told me Braun Strowman was over. You tune into Raw and he gets, like, 200 cheers. The rest is people just sitting and clapping or standing to see what happens. But it was quiet as shit every time I saw him. Because I hadn’t conditioned myself to that crap.

I’m willing to bet a significant number of AEW fans still put themselves through watching the WWE. Hence their low standards.

The only other thing is that this company has a lot more accessible capital than TNA and constantly blows the fans. They’ve tried to make them feel a part of something, a bit like the marks in ECW.

But how anyone can sit around and logically defend AEW as being a significantly smarter, more mature, more pro-wrestling company is insane. They’ve turned Chris Jericho into a fat musical comedy act. They’ve squandered the potential of nearly every single person that had it. MJF is a comedy act. Adam Page is a comedy drunk in the loser group. Miro came in, as I said he would, as a parody of his WWE act. FTR are doing basically what they would be doing in WWE except with worse talent.

NONE of this is a lie. This is about as close to observable fact as it gets. WWE, TNA, WCW, whoever would get BLASTED for being this inept.

I saw a video of a girl on YouTube talking about why she hates AEW so much. She was prettt annoying, but her points were spot-on. Her points about their booking made her seem smarter than the company.

Raw is a sludge-pit of nothing and wrestling fans STILL prefer it. That is sad. A good, two-hour, pinpoint, priority program on Wednesday nights should be able to beat three hours of tedium. But it can’t. Because it’s not worth the switch. How sad is that?

I’m so mad at wrestling. It doesn’t have to be bad. This is the ego of the people involved, mixing with their stupidity, to create something insulting to the senses.

The matches aren’t good. The promos aren’t good. The stories are babyish. The “characters” are ridiculous and dumbed down to amazing degrees. It’s nepotistic. It’s fucking wasteful. The amount of waste on these shows and in their ledgers is ridiculous. Six figures confirmed for Marko Stunt. You can’t get CM Punk, who hates WWE, but you can afford to spend money on Marko fucking Stunt. Argh! I wonder how much Hornswoggle got paid for his comedy segment that was entirely not like something WWE would do? Vickie Guerrero?

Wrestling needs to die. This shit is too much.

Someone explain to me why Hornswoggle, Marko Stunt, the self-destruction of Chris Jericho and wasting talent are good things. And I don’t want to hear “wait and see” as an excuse. “They’re being bad on purpose” is not going to cut it either.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote