View Single Post
Old 02-01-2004, 07:44 PM   #68
Cactus Sid
Smashing Blouse

Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)
Couple of changes to the card

Cena/Austin is now a Last Man Standing Match
Kane/Rock is now a First Blood Match
and Hardy/RVD/Tajiri is now a Three-Way Elimination (ECW Style )

Eddie Guerrero vs AJ Styles.

Match Background: None.

The Match: STIFF high kick on Eddie by AJ Styles. Styles hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. AJ Styles kicks the leg, knocks Eddie down, and goes to work on it. There's a two count on the pin. Styles hits a dropkick on Eddie Guerrero and gets right back up. There's a two count on the pin. Eddie blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Dropkick connects to the butt of the jaw and Styles goes down. Covers for a quick two count. Spinning bulldog in the corner and Styles is down! AJ Styles comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Diamond Dust from AJ Styles, Eddie is out! Eddie Guerrero can barely stand. Here it comes - Styles Clash. 1....2...3, it's finished. Eddie Guerrero goes nuts, screaming and yelling at everyone within earshot.

My Opinion: I don't do it often, but this match was EVERYTHING and a bag of chips... ***** baby!! 96% (AJ Styles gained overness from this match.)

Trent Acid vs Lance Storm vs Jerry Lynn.

Match Background: This will be a hardcore bout. This match is for the WWE Extreme title. Trent Acid has been WWE Extreme champion since 09 June 2005.

The Match: Dropkick connects to the butt of the jaw and Storm goes down. Jerry Lynn sets up a chair, then bounces off it to hit a flying avalanche into the corner. VERY Sabu-like. Lance Storm avoids a Jerry Lynn avalanche by getting out of the damn way! SUPER frankensteiner on Lynn, who hit hard. Lightning kick by Storm on Acid. There's a two count on the pin. Diamond Dust from Jerry Lynn and Storm is out! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Storm powers out of a headlock. Lance Storm sets up a chair, then bounces off it to hit a flying avalanche into the corner. VERY Sabu-like. Springboard dropkick from Trent Acid. Nicely done. Lance Storm gets whipped into the turnbuckles by Acid. Super Frankensteiner! 1....2....3.

My Opinion: Consider yourself lucky, a ****1\4 is hard to get and it was earned every step of the way. Let's see if you can do better now. 92%

Kane vs The Rock.

Match Background: This will be a first blood bout.

The Match: Nice piledriver on Kane. Kane blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Kane scoops and slams The Rock. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? The Rock charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Kane slams The Rock down and motions to the crowd. Kane walks into a drop toe hold. Full nelson slam on Kane. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by The Rock just KILLS Kane! Kane charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Kane pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. BIG clothesline on Rock. High Angle DDT by Kane just SPIKES The Rock down! The ref is bumped, as goes down after accidentally getting caught by an elbow to the face. Rock quickly grabs a chair...and hits Kane with it, drawing blood! Kane recovers quickly, and hits a low blow...then wipes the blood off his head and smears it on Rock and exits the ring. The referee recovers, sees the blood....and calls for the bell, awarding the match to Kane! Rock grabs the referee, then nails him with a right hand! Dozens of people hit the ring to stop any further incident.

My Opinion: Absolutely solid match. A few minor things brought it down, so I'm tacking on a **** rating. 94%

Kurt Angle vs Chris Hero.

Match Background: None.

The Match: Angle slams Chris Hero. Hero takes a back suplex. Hard impact Russian Leg Sweep by Angle. According to some other reviewers around here, 'legsweep' is one word. Fallaway slam by Kurt Angle puts down Chris Hero. Chris Hero fights out of a grapple. BIG clothesline on Angle. Chris Hero hits a bulldog off the ropes. There's a two count on the pin. Angle counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Massive backbreaker on Hero. There's a two count on the pin. Flying clothesline by Angle. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Angle drops an elbow...but Chris Hero moves out of the way. Spinning back kick from Chris Hero. Angle backdrops Chris Hero out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Kurt Angle. Chris Hero charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. The bell rings, and this match has come to a time limit draw. The fight has started up again! Kurt Angle attacks Hero, and they brawl all around ringside, then into the crowd! They eventually disappear backstage, still fighting.

My Opinion: I don't do it often, but this match was EVERYTHING and a bag of chips... ***** baby!! 97%

Lollipop vs Molly Holly.

Match Background: This match is for the WWE Womans title. Lollipop has been WWE Womans champion since 14 August 2005.

The Match: Molly Holly gets up and gives a Belly to belly suplex to Molly. Second rope flying axe handle, Lollipop goes down. One day, Molly might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. There's a two count on the pin. Lollipop pushes out of a Molly Holly hold. Flying shoulder tackle by Lollipop sends Molly CRASHING to the mat. Lollipop snap suplexes Molly. Spin kick by Lollipop to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Molly powers out of a headlock. Spinebuster by Molly Holly. Lollipop grabs Molly Holly from behind and shoves her into the ropes, then scores with a roll-up...but Molly rolls through with the move! She used a pull of the tights to get Lollipop over! 1....2...3! The referee was out of position and didn't see it! Molly Holly slides out of the ring to the floor, then turns and leaves through the crowd. She's happy to have the win, and isn't going to hang around for Lollipop to get some payback.

My Opinion: A ****3/4 rating for a great match. Close, but not 5 stars. 96%

Lords Of The Ring vs Simply Magnificent.

Match Background: This will be a ladder bout. This match is for the WWE Undisputed Tag Team titles. Simply Magnificent have been WWE Undisputed Tag Team champions since 19 June 2005.

The Match: STIFF high kick on Dinsmore by CM Punk. Flying elbow from Christopher Daniels connects. CM Punk with a whip into the ladder. Daniels charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Rob Conway hits a rolling kick on Punk. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Lords Of The Ring whip Punk into the ropes and hit a double back elbow. Vicious back suplex! Christopher Daniels got nailed big time! Dinsmore hits a dropkick off the ladder on Christopher Daniels. Conway walks into a drop toe hold. SUPER frankensteiner on Dinsmore, who hit hard and is loopy as a result. Nick Dinsmore gets sent flying to the outside. Meanwhile, Rob Conway is climbing the ladder! Simply Magnificent see it...and run forward, knocking the ladder over! Conway gets sent from the ladder, over the top rope to the outside! Simply Magnificent set the ladder up, and climb up to claim the prize and get the victory! Lords Of The Ring don't look like they're finished by any means...and they rush forward to attack Simply Magnificent, and send them to the outside. Threats are exchanged as the chaos ends.

My Opinion: Absolutely mind blowing match! This is probably up there with my favorite match of all time, Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart from Wrestlemania X and is worthy of ALL its praise. ***** 99%

Rob Van Dam vs Matt Hardy Version 1.0 vs Tajiri.

Match Background: This will be an elimination bout. This match is for the WWE United Nations title. Matt Hardy Version 1.0 has been WWE United Nations champion since 14 August 2005.

The Match: Tajiri hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Spinning back kick from Tajiri. Matt Hardy Version 1.0 avoids a Tajiri avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Running knee lift from Matt Hardy Version 1.0. Matt takes a NICE hurrancarana from Rob Van Dam. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Tajiri hits a rolling kick on RVD. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. RVD kicks Tajiri in the gut to reverse the momentum. Matt \ RVD hook up Tajiri, then hit a double suplex. Back heel kick off the second rope, Tajiri goes down. Cover gets three for Matt Hardy Version 1.0, Tajiri got pinned. RVD takes a NICE hurrancarana from Matt Hardy Version 1.0. RVD reverses a Matt Hardy Version 1.0 hammerlock. Tor-NADO DDT from Rob Van Dam, Matt got planted! There's a two count on the pin. Matt Hardy Version 1.0 once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Nice piledriver on RVD. Rob Van Dam grabs Matt Hardy Version 1.0 from behind and shoves him into the ropes, then scores with a roll-up...but Matt rolls through with the move! He used a pull of the tights to get RVD over! 1....2...3! The referee was out of position and didn't see it!

My Opinion: A **** rating is well deserved for the competitors in this match. 89%

John Cena vs Steve Austin.

Match Background: This will be a last man standing bout.

The Match: Nice piledriver on Stone Cold. John Cena scoop slams Stone Cold onto and through a table. John Cena scores with a big spinebuster. John Cena with a spinning neckbreaker on Stone Cold. The referee is counting: 5....6....Steve Austin is back up. Cena charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Fallaway slam by Steve Austin puts down John Cena. BRUTAL face-first slam from Stone Cold on Cena. Cena backdrops Steve Austin out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of John Cena. Spinebuster by John Cena. Steve Austin can barely stand. F-U! The referee counts to 10, this match is over! Steve Austin extends his hand to Cena...but it is ignored!

My Opinion: Ohh, looky. A **3/4 match! 88%

Chris Mental vs Chris Jericho.

Match Background: This match is for the WWE Undisputed Heavyweight title. Chris Mental has been WWE Undisputed Heavyweight champion since 14 August 2005.

The Match: Mental just WAFFLES Jericho with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Mental drops an elbow...but Chris Jericho moves out of the way. Jericho scoops and slams Chris Mental. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? The referee bumps after catching a wild right hand and is down. Springboard dropkick from Chris Jericho. Nicely done. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Jericho drops an elbow...but Chris Mental moves out of the way. Flying shoulder tackle by Mental sends Jericho CRASHING to the mat. Beautiful spinning arm drag out of the corner by Mental. Covers for a quick two count. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Chris Mental just KILLS Chris Jericho! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Chris Jericho once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Flying cross body off the top rope! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Mental reverses a waistlock. Chris Mental moves in for the kill. Here it comes - Mental Retaliation. 1....2...3, it's finished. Chris Mental remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

My Opinion: Absolutely mind blowing match! This is probably up there with my favorite match of all time, Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart from Wrestlemania X and is worthy of ALL its praise. ***** 99%

Overall Rating: 94%

Matches Of The Night: Chris Mental vs Chris Jericho; Nick Dinsmore and Rob Conway vs Christopher Daniels and CM Punk
Worst Match Of The Night: John Cena vs Steve Austin
Buy Rate: 1.85

Disappointed, that Cena/Austin fued (without being a fued) didn't really get Cena over
Cactus Sid is offline   Reply With Quote