View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 06:33 PM   #583
VonErichLives
DU's illegitimate brother

VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyG
Goodell has determined that the Patriots in fact cheated, and there will be a penalty. Might dock them a bunch of draft picks for next year.
There's no question they broke the rule, but note there is no rule about stealing signals.

"The rule is that no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game," the league said in a statement from spokesman Greg Aiello.

It's very possible they were taping signals, which seems silly to me because there are much easier and more effective ways to do that.

Also, where it was the Jets that alerted the nfl pre-game, my assumption is it's something they've done for a long time so Mangini knew about it.

Also heard something on the Radio where Don Shula was saying if any team can't have the common sense to change signals and audibles between games they deserve to have teams know what they're doing.

I'm just waiting to see the punishment.

There is also some question about radio frequency.

Now, if it comes out the Pats somehow were listening to "jets radio" to hear the coaches talking and the plays being called, I'm all for that game being changed to a loss for the Pats.

For years teams have put extra mics on a defensive player to try and pickup the QB audible calls, so that would be nothing new... but I'm waiting to see what they say was going on.