View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 03:12 AM   #302
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I think wrestling has always struggled in the fall when it comes to ratings so I don't see the under 1mill lull AEW is on quite realistically "eradicating their audience". Also the truth is that when they go on Saturdays for a week or more is definitely hurts their ratings in the following weeks which we've seen as well.

The initial 1.4 was a good example of what they ratings could be but yes obviously AEW didn't hook all of those people from the beginning. Just like how WWE used to get over a 5.0 many years ago consistently, it turned out not to be for everyone and the ratings have gone down for like 20 years.

But still, obviously there is value in the numbers that WWE draws, and what Dynamite draws too otherwise they wouldn't be making a ridiculous amount of money for the shows.

Rampage I think is hurt by mediocre match making, it's usually a good show but sometimes the matches announced don't feel "must see", where as Dynamite is treated a lot better in regard to match quality.

Anyway, in ratings you can't help but compare WWE and AEW. And WWE isn't that far ahead of AEW right now, and for AEW that's a moral win and possibly a big financial one when contract negotiations are due for the next TV deal.
The money AEW gets isn’t ridiculous though. It’s chicken scratch when it comes to live entertainment in the television world.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote