Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #617
Kris P Lettus
Listen to Killer Mike

Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Monday, November 19, 2012
Dana White disappointed by Bonnar
By Franklin McNeil
ESPN.com

Stephan Bonnar not only failed his UFC 153 postfight drug test, he failed promotion president Dana White.
White has opted not to speak with the recently retired light heavyweight since the test results were revealed.
Follow us on Twitter

Don't miss a moment of the latest MMA coverage from around the world. Follow us on Twitter and stay informed. Join »

Bonnar, 35, tested positive for Drostanolone, an anabolic steroid, after suffering a first-round TKO loss Oct. 13 to middleweight champion Anderson Silva in Rio de Janeiro.
A little more than two weeks after the loss, Bonnar announced his retirement from mixed martial arts.

But vowing never to fight in the Octagon again did not soften the emotional blow Bonnar's failed test dealt to White.

"I've known Stephan for a long time and we've had a great relationship," White said Sunday morning after UFC 154 in Montreal. "That's the thing that disappoints me the most.

"I haven't even answered his phone calls. I haven't talked to him since. I don't hate him, but I just don't want to talk to him."

Bonnar was a late replacement at UFC 153. He was asked to fight Silva in a light heavyweight contest after an injury forced featherweight champ Jose Aldo to withdraw from his bout against former lightweight titleholder Frankie Edgar.

"The thing that bothers me most about the Stephan Bonnar thing is that he didn't tell me," White said. "He wasn't planning on fighting. He said that he was practicing to do some pro wrestling."

Bonnar was suspended by UFC for one year. The suspension prevents Bonnar from coming out of retirement, according to UFC vice president of regulatory affairs Marc Ratner.

Bonnar has not spoken publicly about the positive postfight drug test.

It's the second time in his professional mixed martial arts career that Bonnar has failed a postfight drug test.

He tested positive for Boldenone after a unanimous-decision loss in August 2006 to Forrest Griffin at UFC 62.

Bonnar finished his pro career with a record of 15-8.