View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 04:45 PM   #45051
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Apparently Jerry Lawler is upset WWE doesn't let him be on their shows anymore and blames it on PC culture instead of him being an actual pervert.

Also implied its not fair to have to treat female wrestlers the same as male wrestlers on tv and nor is it fair that his rep as a commentator is associated with the word "puppies."

Quote:
Originally Posted by r/SquaredCirle
The latest edition of Dinner With the King with WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler is now online. The show was recorded in Chicago during Starrcast, and featured Lawler speaking to a live crowd. Below are some highlights.

Jerry Lawler on being associated with the word “puppies” in WWE:

The thing with the puppies, I did not coin the phrase. I was not the first one to say the phrase on WWE TV; but, because like you said I am so associated with that word puppies, most people think that way. That is probably the reason I’m not on TV anymore and I mean that seriously because they [WWE] went so politically correct. It’s not necessarily PG because they’re not PG. They’re further south than PG. They’re PC. They’re so politically correct to a fault and especially like they got so right now into – starting with the Revolution – now it’s all about empowering women and that’s a big political correct thing these days and everything, so WWE jumped right on that, so it’s about empowering women. They actually came to us and said, ‘Do not ever say that women are sexy or that they’re good looking or that they’re beautiful. You must treat them exactly like you would a male athlete. You could say that they are powerful, they’re strong, they’re athletic, all this stuff; but, nothing that would be considered sexist at all.

Lawler on slipping in “puppies” during the Raw 25th Anniversary show and Vince McMahon’s reactions:

This is like early on the show and I said, ‘JR [Jim Ross], it’s so nice to be here tonight and we’re gonna go back in time or something and I might even say puppies tonight.’ Immediately I hear [Vince McMahon] in my earphone (grunts), ‘Let’s stay away from that tonight.’ That was the last time it was ever said on there.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote