View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 09:45 PM   #1230
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Ratings are in for Wednesday's installment of the Wednesday Night Wars -- with AEW Dynamite taking the night with an average viewership of 817,000 to NXT's 757,000.

However, the Dynamite number was down 12 percent from last week while NXT dipped by just two percent.

In the 18-49 demo, AEW averaged a 0.3 rating, down 17 percent from last week, good for a 10th place finish on cable. NXT was up nine percent in the demo, averaging a 0.24, putting them 21st.

The NXT demo number represents one of their best showings since their first few weeks, and the gap of 0.6 between the two was the closest the WWE property has been since December 18 when they beat Dynamite.

In addition to people over 50, NXT also had a slight win in females 18-49 with a 0.18 to 0.16 advantage over AEW. Per usual, AEW's strongest category was men 18-49, where they had a 0.41 to 0.28 advantage ...

Miz and Mrs, which immediately followed NXT on USA, was down four percent this week, averaging 457,000 viewers. That was good for 49th on cable in the 18-49 demo with a 0.16 rating.
USA Network probably regrets not putting the new season of Miz & Mrs on Tuesdays since that was a better day for viewership and also had a better lead-in due to Smackdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The former El Hijo del Fantasma is set to make his NXT debut this weekend.

WWE announced last night that Jorge Bolly (formerly known as El Hijo del Fantasma and King Cuerno) will make his debut for the promotion at NXT's house show in Fort Pierce, Florida this Saturday (February 15) ...

It was officially announced in September 2019 that Bolly had signed with WWE. Dave Meltzer reported last week that the reason there had been no mentions of Bolly since he signed with WWE was because he had blown out his knee. Meltzer wrote that Bolly was expected to be cleared to return imminently.

WWE has also revealed that Tino Sabbatelli, who suffered a torn pec in 2018, is set for NXT's house show in Tampa, Florida this Friday night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Current NWA Women’s Champion and Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling International Princess Champion Thunder Rosa noted on social media that she was the victim of a hit and run accident while in their car yesterday and is selling some of her gear to help finance the car repairs.

Hey guys, yesterday I was involved in a hit and run accident a d to raise money to fix my car, I'm selling different gears! DM
Me or email me at thunderrosa22@gmail.com
Thanks for your support! pic.twitter.com/g4Q5xRdh04
— Thunder Rosa (@thunderrosa22) February 13, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
For those who have asked, the creative direction within the company since the onset of 2020 has primarily been Tony Khan. The EVPs all have a say in what they are doing and are trusted, but all of the current storylines and pushes are Khan edicts and he's been very hands on with laying out exactly what he wants out of each segment in recent weeks. Chris Jericho remains very involved with working to get the newer stars in the company over.

The Double or Nothing pre-sale today was extremely strong and all signs are the PPV will sell out when it goes on sale tomorrow officially.

As of today, Jeff Cobb is only booked for next Wednesday's Dynamite in Atlanta. His status with Ring of Honor and New Japan remains unchanged. As we reported yesterday, he is not signed to anyone and can work anywhere he wants.

With her win last night, Nyla Rose becomes the first Native American to win a women's title that I can recall in recent times as well as the first transgender athlete to be crowned a Women's Champion in the United States that we are publicly aware of ...

New Japan star Chase Owens was backstage visiting last night
The Nyla stuff is interesting since around the same time AEW announced a deal with her, WWE held a tryout shortly afterwards that had a transgendered athlete/wrestler among those invited. Not sure if WWE signed a deal with person in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
There has been talk recently of adding some independent promotions to the Impact+ streaming service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
We were able to see a quarter-hour breakdown of last Friday’s edition of Friday Night SmackDown that featured Bill Goldberg’s appearance to challenge The Fiend for a Universal title match.

The show peaked in the first segment with the return of ‘The Dirt Sheet’ with The Miz and John Morrison, who was confronted by the New Day with an average of 2,657,000 viewers ...

9 – 9:15 pm increased by 125,000 viewers to 2,634,000 viewers for Roman Reigns attacking King Corbin followed by Bill Goldberg’s satellite interview and Firefly Fun House segment and the locker room segment with Daniel Bryan and Heath Slater.
The Goldberg segment block had the highest gains in terms of viewership for the night. Only two other segments had gains and combined they were lower than Goldberg's quarter-hour.

Quote:
Metro chatted with Alexa Bliss about the song that ‘Bowling For Soup’ created about her and Bliss stated that she would love if they were able to play the song live for her entrance at WrestleMania 36 if she’s on the card.

“I mean, I would love that. Any opportunity to be able to have my favorite band playing a song about me at WrestleMania would be incredible. I don’t know what I’m doing at WrestleMania, but it’s definitely something I’m going to throw out into the universe.”
Quote:
Chris Van Vliet conducted an interview with NWA President Billy Corgan. During their conversation, Corgan revealed that NWA is in discussions about doing some live touring shows.

“It was always heavy TV production and let’s see how it goes but our thing was, we will pivot from being a TV production first to a live touring [show] and people always ask, ‘When are you gonna start touring?’ And we’re in discussions right now to start doing live touring events.”
Quote:
Jim Ross and Conrad Thompson hosted a Q&A session for the latest edition of the Grilling JR podcast. Jim Ross mentioned that he ran into Mickie James at an airport recently. Mickie is married to NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis. Ross said that he would love to have Aldis in AEW.

“Nick Aldis is a good hand, man. Nick Aldis is a hell of a hand. I wish we had him in AEW. I’m sure any promotion [wishes] they had Nick Aldis because he’s that good.”

One of the questions that was presented to Jim Ross was who will he pass the torch to after he decides to step away from the AEW commentary booth and he said Excalibur. Ross said that both he and Tony Schiavone agreed to pass on any knowledge that they have to Excalibur so he can thrive in his role.

“Excalibur… does a good job. Tony [Schiavone] and I both have made a commitment to share any knowledge we have, anything he wants to hear with him because, somewhere down the road, he should be the voice of AEW. But I’m not quite ready to step aside right now and neither is Tony. But we’re actually having a great time. Traveling with Tony from time to time. We did a show in Huntsville [Alabama] a couple weeks ago, a week ago. He’s [Tony Schiavone] an old woman,” Ross joked. “I love him though. I finally convinced Tony Khan how valuable Tony Schiavone would be if he was on our team and all the things he could do for us, and that was one of the best hires Tony Khan has made is getting Schiavone back in the game, and I’m so glad he’s on our team but Excalibur’s evolving, learning. He’s never done a national broadcast. He was doing very inexpensive, little streaming shoots on PWG. So he’s like a lot of our guys we have in the locker room. He’s new, he’s green and he’s learning but he’s gonna be really good.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
AJ Styles could potentially have a big match at WrestleMania this spring.

According to a report from WrestleZone, Styles is currently planned to face The Undertaker at this year's WrestleMania, taking place on April 5 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote