Thread: Mandy
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 08:42 PM   #32
rez
2 Dicks out for Trips

rez makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)rez makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)rez makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)rez makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)rez makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)rez makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)rez makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)rez makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)rez makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)rez makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)rez makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)rez makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)rez makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
Mandy (2018) rented on HUDU - 4.5/5

I just watched this last night and I'm sure I will watch it again at some point because I really liked it. I LOVED the way aesthetic of this film from the lighting, the depth of the film, may have been digital but very much looked like film, the costumes, set design, special FX, everything reeked of high budget late 70's horror. I would also compare the gore to a Cronenberg style, certain elements looked like old school special fx which are dearly missed for me. Screw CGI. I'd rather see a high quality maniquin get burned instead of a CG rendering. Cage was really great, all the actors were great. The NIC CAGE moment is f'n hilarious. He's really funny when he wants to be. This is a special film, one of the best revenge films I can remember. The cult leader Jerimiah is horrifying, I hated him. I also read on IMDB the actor who plays him is an actual cult leader, creepy. If had one gripe it would be the showdown scenes were too highly choreographed, I'd rather have seen a sloppy brawl of sorts, that lowered the rating for me.
Wow..was gonna call bullshit on you about the cult thing but looked him up. Crazy. Take a like
rez is offline   Reply With Quote