View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 06:59 PM   #9446
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Thumbsucker - 4/4

Another perfect triumph in the exploration of interpersonal relationships genre.
I don't have the energy to describe how much I loved it because I am on a comedown from it. It's rare that an entire cast gets together and decides to be fucking fantastic but this lot did. I'm not just talking the main cast here either, there are top to bottom credit kudos deserved for this. Benjamin Bratt, Vince Vaughan and Keanu Reeves give three of the better small supporting cameos that excellent films need to have from big stars with small egos. The main cast of D'Onofrio, Swinton and Pucci are all heartwarming, heart breaking and so unstoppably fragile that you yearn to reach out and touch them and hug them. The supporting role Kelli Garner plays tears up the rule book and actually has some substance to it, much like the mother in Nebraska there is a unique style that treads the line between cold logic and cruelty wonderfully without demonising the character one bit.

Noah Baumbach should have watched Thumbsucker and Nebraska by now. Let's hope he learns something from them.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote