View Single Post
Old 06-05-2023, 07:21 AM   #1927
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Vaquero de Infierno View Post
Buffy suffers from what a lot of top TV shows succumb to: the first three seasons are gold, and then the decline sets in and is terminal.
Strongly disagree. The highschool era is definitely great but 5 and 6 are the best 2 seasons of the show. Marti Noxon taking over as show runner for season 4 while Joss worked on Firefly left it in shambles (but s4 has some real high points Emmy nominated "Hush," Spike being the funniest character on television and Anya's fear of bunnies in Fear Itself.)

Season 7 however has about 5 quality episodes. Namely Conversations with Dead People (featuring Pedro Pascal,) Him (as funny as any Buffy ep,) Slefless, Lies My Parents Told Me, and The Killer in Me. Its a mess of a season.

But the show kicks it into its 2nd phase when they leave high school and maybe you prefer it but the idea that the spike years are "downhill" is just ridiculous. Anya > Cordy as the hapless comic relief and Spike > Angel as the towns vampire we dont stake. Season 5, despite Dawn is the strongest written season complete with the most powerful 42 minutes ever put to TV with The Body and s6 is is the funniest season as a whole with what most people consider the best big bad outside of s2.

tl;dr dems fighten werds
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote