View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 01:05 PM   #77
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
Here's a good question:

With which films were the sequel (or sequels) better than the original?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixx View Post
Terminator 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
i think T1 is better. T2 is unquestionably more loved so i know thats a "hot take" but T2 is a summer action flick. T1 is a really good piece of scifi. imaginative. the "horror" aspect (using that loosely) is much more compelling. Arnold hunting. them being on the run. the terror when he shows up. it all has more weight. its a more intense film where as the stakes feel very low in T2 since at its core the film is just an excuse for explosions and the audience knows it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
I feel the same about Alien over the generally more popular Aliens.

T2 is a much, much better film than Terminator is. Terminator is a slick, stripped down horror style sci fi film, a lot like Alien with less in the way of fantastic dialogue and plot development. It is a great film but it is a high concept derivative. T2 is both a tremendously original film in terms of style and innovation, as well as being more broadly enjoyable. There is a far higher production value with an aesthetic and sound that have influenced pop culture ever since.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote