View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 07:29 AM   #518
El Capitano Gatisto
World Class Raconteur

El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTTS View Post
I started watching it and thought some of the guys were well within the standards just saying hello to a pretty woman, most of the later ones freaked me out a bit.
To be honest, I have a problem with men deciding what counts as street harassment or not. Really it's the person having "hello" shouted at them randomly in the street who decides whether they feel threatened by that or not. Then, if you take part in that behaviour, it's up to the individual to decide whether they care that they may be making someone feel uncomfortable.

I personally always cringe inwardly when I see some bloke shout at a woman in the street or passive-aggressively comment, I've seen loudmouth friends do it probably not realise they're part of a pattern. I also know my wife feels it is vaguely threatening when some guy calls out to her when she's walking or running. It's obviously not exactly India or anything, but there is a spectrum of behaviour. Realistically, no man has to deal with it on a daily basis so it's not really for us to say what is acceptable or not, moreso to decide whether it's really necessary for us to randomly say "hello" to a stranger we happen to find attractive.
El Capitano Gatisto is offline   Reply With Quote