View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 08:40 AM   #15716
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
I read what punk said.

"If i put a stop to it you wont like it." Punk

"I went to him and was super polite. I was calm." Also Punk.

Only one of these is true. Also there's been a suspicious lack of drama from the AEW lockerroom since punk left. I guess they just got better at covering it up. That must be it.

The product might be ass, i wouldnt know, but the idea that everyone else was the issue is a line punk has been selling for 25 years at this point.
You know I love you, man. And I know you love debate. I’m just going to say it though: you have blinders up with CM Punk. I don’t know if he wronged you or buddies in any way, but if he was an asshole, he’s just met bigger assholes.

The specific point Punk was making in those situations you paraphrased was that he — as talent — was asked to take up for the inept boss who wouldn’t. In one specific case, he *jokes* about how he thought he was being responsible by not bloodying the guy up who challenged *him* to the fight. He just choked him a little bit. Safe. And he sucks at fighting. Alvarez and co have grabbed that as “he wants to hurt people” instead of him making light of a shitty situation that wasn’t handled by management.

I’m not a Punk mark. I think he’s talented but has never always been of the right mind for business. But if you listen to him, he’s obviously matured and was dealing with a clown show. And now HE is the one about the whole business.

You don’t have to like him, but he’s not wrong about anything. And, funnily enough, not even the dirt sheets that hate him are calling him a liar. They’re just left with turning a phrase and standing up for AEW.

And it’s objectively incorrect to say that AEW does not have political problems anymore. Jack Perry is whinging to the dirties about not being used, The Bucks whinged, FTR got buried, talent want out, releases have been made, TK is getting into X wars, people are off TV, guys are in Bulgaria and AEW doesn’t know they were hurt, people are MIA, Sammy Guevara got suspended, Matt Hardy is whining, the dirt sheets are complaining, attendance is down, ratings has become a story, Jericho is an idiot. The problems did not go away.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote