View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 01:42 AM   #37
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
WWE isn't a wrestling promotion. They're a publically traded, multimedia empire. Their sponsors don't allow them to have a spine.

That said, I wonder if that would even work in today's enviornment. Would people let themselves be told that story, or would they immediately get outraged that this man's past mistakes are being used as a race angle, and reject it outright.

I think the latter.
Yeah, we're at a point in time where people will just turn off content that rubs them the wrong way in that sense. And it doesn't even need to be offensive content either. I think we're at the point where wrestling fans have gotten into each other's ears about being sick of Brock to the point where Brock's ability to draw has been negated.

Even things that should theoretically work aren't guaranteed to in the environment they have cultivated.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote