View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 08:15 PM   #11546
GD

GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
It went out of it's way to show which side of the political aisle they were on and just hit the audience over the head with it. No subtlety. No nuance. Nothing to add to the plot or character depth. That amounts to trying to cover up lazy writing by tricking the audience into thinking that the movie is good because the people making it "have the right idea". I think that's a pretty valid criticism.
I understand where you're coming from. It certainly doesn't deserve the RT score. But even with the ultra progressiveness (the Malala bs), it didn't make me laugh any less in the theater. I cut them some slack since it's the director's first movie...some of the edits were atrocious.

If there's one thing that struck a chord with me was the friendship. Sometimes people become selfish even without realizing what they're doing. Once the safety net is gone and you're on your own...nobody to comfort you all the time. Also I found them being bitter and jealous about their grades to be very amusing. It happens a lot in real life when you're in a competitive environment.

That being said, I'd never compare it to Superbad. It's not even in the same league. I had similar feelings about Blockers.
GD is offline   Reply With Quote