View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 01:10 PM   #11146
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Halloween 2018 - 3/4

This is obviously a labour of love from some big Halloween fans. I had my issues with the casting in places but Michael Myers was treated brilliantly even given an impression of depth through angled glimpses and prolonged exposure without spoiling the tension. This was very smartly put together, the Laurie daughter backstory is particularly brilliant and is revealed in flashback snippets and building towards an appropriate surprise.
The only issue I had with it was the "new Loomis" and what goes on there.
That was over the top and past the point of no return. It definitely chopped a half point off the rating because this was going to be a 3.5/4 until that happened and I have no idea why they included it.

I hear this has gone from an ending to the franchise, which could have made it a perfect sequel, to becoming a catalyst for continuation of the franchise.
Some people just never learn.

Still, as close to an appropriate Halloween sequel as there ever was.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote