View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 12:50 AM   #37
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I hope Kofi wins.

Not only do I hope Kofi wins, I hope they sustain it and not just have him be "transitional" or instantly lose it back the first show after Mania.

I hope he doesn't have the title, only to lose EVERY non-title match like every other champion in recent history and make him look like a total asshole in the process.

Like others have said aleady, I hope Kofi and Bryan have a feud. Make this a story that lasts for a couple of PPVs. They don't have to touch every week to make folks sick of it.

They don't have to appear on every show.

Hell, they don't even have to both be at every show from week to week. Especially DB. He can milk that heel shit by saying I don't feel like coming to _____ with titantron pretapes. Kofi doesn't have to do the "fighting champion" gimmick that involves him wrestling on every goddamn Smackdown.

Have. Him. Win. Then. Let. It. Breathe.

Use the time on the show where you would have New Day vs Planeteers gimmick tag match happening to... I don't know... put some other talent over to get them up the card mabye. Nobody will instantly forget Kofi is the champ if he isn't on TV everyday. Nobody will forget who Daniel Bryan is if he isn't on TV everyday.

Let Kofi win. Let him be legit. He can lose it back to Bryan later. In that time, when he's healed, push "plan A" (hey, that works as a nickname) and have Mustafa Ali solidify himself, or get disheartned and turn heel (or turn heel with that "plan A" making Ali, on camera, Vince's hand-picked contender). Whatever. It doesn't have to happen in 3-4 weeks like Jinder's half baked main event push.

Basically, don't kill in two Smackdowns what you can milk for at least three months with overbooking and overexposure.

And for God's sake, if he loses, don't job him clean. If they do that, it will be the biggest wasted push since Samoa Joe vs Brock Lesnar.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote