View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 11:06 PM   #139
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Catching up from the weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
There are nowhere near enough bathrooms in MSG. Literally 100+ dudes in line at the lower level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droford View Post
My first 1st live ladder match
I read this as "1st live bladder match" because of the previous comment by Vito, and now I don't want to be corrected. Good on Ring of Honor on turning piss breaks into battle royals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple A View Post
My fav matches ranked,,,

Women's match sucked... Feel like Kelly Klein is not good........ based on that match
She isn't. She feels like the female Baron Corbin, if Corbin were in the indys and surrounded by a) a bunch of people who aren't much better or b) people who are much better, but get scooped up by WWE. She "looks the shit" and can promo a bit, but that's about it. She's awful from bell to bell.

With that said, she's better than Mandy Leon, and now she's going to "replace" Madison Rayne? Eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
Don’t get me wrong. I think it’s a cool idea to have them “invade” and I think ultimately they’re good for business. It’s just odd because they could not be more opposite of what ROH is about. It’s a weird pairing.
I don't see this as such a bad thing. It is great that they came in as a tandem. To your point about being "opposite of ROH", this looks like a natural fit to start a feud with Lifeblood. I am not the biggest fan of Enzo for his crimes against hip-hop, but he does draw attention/heat. Cass hopefully gets more chance to shine, as he often got overshadowed by Enzo doing the heavy lifting on the mic, but had more opportunity to actually show it in NXT than he did with that gawdawful singles cup of coffee in WWE. Wait and see feels apt to say here. Kinda sucks this gets overshadowed by the happenstance of the Bret Hart incident, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
Why do you hate Eli so hard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
The guy is really bad, but you can tell he thinks he’s really good. He wants to be The Rock so bad, but when copying him physically and coming up with things to repeat on the mic, he completely forgot the charisma element that carried Rock to bulletproof heights.
That's it in a nutshell. All these years later, and he's still Tryhard Miavia. To his credit, he has the tools to be decent, but he spends it all in a aping one of the greatest ever direction. That didn't even work for Sonny Siaki, and he's family. He's like a comedian who is funny backstage and in real life situations, but when he's on stage, gets super into trying to be just like like Carlin or Pryor and comes off as a pale imitation.

It is akin to when Jay Lethal was doing his whole "greatest 1st generation wrestler" heel run with the ROH Championship and TV Title, he seemed to be (maybe unintentionally) perpetually doing his Ric Flair impression. It's one thing when he's doing it being funny, it is quite another to do it on the regular. If I had never seen or heard Jay before, he would have struck me the same way as Eli Drake does constantly.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote