View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 11:25 AM   #23
Frank Drebin
Large Marge sent me

Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think just like any creative, they've pretty much said everything they've wanted to say. Not sure how to put how I feel into context but I'll try.

It was like, they would talk about fairly complex issues but would give you their take on it which always seemed to stick the landing of an episode. When they had an episode about at what age it was ok for kids to have sex because they mostly understood the implications and consequences of it, everyone went back and forth during the episode just like talking heads debating on TV would have. Then they arrive at a conclusion and Chef is just like "What age is it ok? 17." And that was it....and it made sense. Funny but it hit home.

There are lots of other examples. The religion/marklar episode comes to mind as a brilliant way to talk about how people feel about religion. Yeah, they hit you over the head with it with a speech at the end (for which they have mocked themselves) but it gave you a sense of closure to the topic and somehow a better understanding of it.

It's not as much of a drop as the Simpsons (Homer getting hit in the head with things/ Homer falling through things) but it definitely has lost that edge that really completed things for me. Very rare nowadays are the arcs or episodes of brilliance like Imagination Land. I'll keep watching because like wrestling, when it's good it's fucking great, but I'm not expecting that on any given week.
Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote