View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 08:54 AM   #102
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
I like how you sign that off leaving all of the wrong in Bret’s lap. Maybe Bischoff sold him on the false promise of leading the WCW march into Canada, and Bret was protecting his/ WCW’s interests in good faith.
It's entirely possible. I don't know Bret personally, but I know people who do, and my feeling is he's a guy who takes himself way too seriously, and he was passionate about his persona. So if Eric said "were going to have you lead the charge to takeover Canada", he would believe it.

But in trying to determine who was "right" in a situation, I don't think you can argue that one side was dilusional, therefore their actions are correct. You can use that to explain "why" they did what they did, but doesn't make it "right".

To put it another way, it's not like Canada was a fledgling market for WWE before Bret. If anything WCW could have/should have used Hogan if they really wanted to make a dent in Canada. Historically he's the biggest draw in the country. Bret really became a big deal those few months he was doing the pro Canada schtick (which he hated apparently) and after Survivor Series when he was positioned as a victim. But that didn't last long.

All that to say, Vince didn't act perfectly, but I also feel like his back was against the wall because of the limited options Bret was providing the company.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote