View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 09:34 PM   #987
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Going against network TV season premieres, NXT on USA ratings dropped this week, averaging 1.006 million viewers on Wednesday night.

After finishing an impressive fourth in the 18-49 demo last week, the show dropped 26 percent in that important category and fell to eighth place with a 0.32 rating. The viewership total was only down 15 percent, meaning the show lost more viewers in that age range than overall.

The audience drop-off for NXT was far greater than it was for Raw, which only dropped three percent this week. Tuesday's SmackDown actually gained viewers from the previous week. The highly-rated premieres on the main broadcast networks can't be blamed either as that was also the case on Monday and Tuesday night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Though Wrestle Kingdom 14 will be a two-night event, New Year Dash will still be taking place in January.

NJPW has announced that New Year Dash 2020 will take place at Ota City Gymnasium in Tokyo on Monday, January 6. The Tokyo Dome will host Wrestle Kingdom 14 night one on January 4 and night two on January 5.

New Year Dash is NJPW's annual post-Wrestle Kingdom event and features the start of new angles coming out of the company's biggest show of the year.

New Year Dash had taken place at Tokyo's Korakuen Hall up until now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Although All Elite Wrestling filed a trademark on the Chris Jericho catchphrase "A Little Bit of the Bubbly" on 9/18, Jericho himself actually beat them to the filing. On 9/10, Jericho applied to trademark 'A little bit of the bubbly' for the following:

"Goods & Services: Bandanas; Hats; Shirts; Sweatshirts. FIRST USE: 20190905. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20190905"

"Goods & Services: Champagne; Sparkling wines; Wine; Wines and sparkling wines"

Meanwhile, AEW applied to trademark All Elite Fleet on 9/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWE, WCW and World Class star Samu Anoa'i is scheduled to undergo a liver transplant today in Pennsylvania. Anoa'i announced in October 2018 that he was battling stage four liver cancer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
After several days of being in the hospital, WWE Hall of Famer Superstar Billy Graham posted the following on his Facebook page:

Heart Issues

Hey fans, I am back home from the Mayo Clinic Hospital. I wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes and prayers. I need rest right now but by this coming Sunday evening I will give all my Facebook fans an in-depth report on the status of my heart. All I will say for now is that I have suffered a heart attack and am in constant heart failure. I am of course on medications for my heart and will be for the remainder of my life. I am keeping the faith and will fight !!!

Superstar Billy Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Post Consumer Brands and WWE® (NYSE: WWE) today announced an expanded partnership that brings the thrill and excitement of WWE to cereal boxes nationwide as superstars Becky Lynch and Big Show will be featured on the front of nearly 7 million boxes of Post Honeycomb® cereal and Post Golden Crisp® cereal. The partnership was announced today at Advertising Week in New York City ...

For a limited time, fans can get a free three-month trial of WWE Network when they purchase three boxes of participating Honeycomb cereal or Golden Crisp cereal and redeem their receipts online. The promotion begins Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2019, and runs through Saturday, Feb. 29, 2020. To redeem the promotion and for full details and terms, please visit www.wwexpost.com.
Missed a big opportunity not doing this with The New Day when they had the cereal-based gimmick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
2K officially announced the following updates to Universe Mode for the upcoming WWE 2K 20 videogame:

Are you a hardcore Universe Mode player? Then there’s plenty to get excited about in WWE 2K20. Check out this list of updates that will give players more freedom to create than ever before.
  • Major and minor show match limits have increased from 7 to 9.
  • Pay-Per-View match limits have doubled from 7 to 14.
  • The number of championship titles per major show has increased from 6 to 7.
  • Simultaneous rivalries on major shows have increased from 3 to 4.
  • Pay-Per-Views can be co-hosted by up to 3 major shows versus the previous 2.
  • Players have more freedom to delete and add promos and matches.
  • 50 of the most-used cutscenes have been reshot with female mocap actors to look more authentic when female Superstars are used.
  • 25 new cutscenes have been added.
  • 3,040 new promo lines are in the game.
  • Custom Matches can now be included in Match Tables, along with new Mixed Tag Matches.
  • New Championship Match setting in Match Tables can be used to make certain matches a title match.
  • Main Event matches in Match Tables have been tweaked so that those match types are more likely to occur on the show (Example: Royal Rumble match at the Royal Rumble Pay-Per-View).
  • New rivalry content includes options such as low-intensity enemies making peace after a single Pay-Per-View or low to mid-intensity allies slowly falling out over several weeks instead of a sudden turn.
  • The overall menu flow has been streamlined to make it more accessible to those new to Universe Mode. All deeper options are still available for experienced players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The NWA has announced Thunder Rosa, Marti Belle and Ashley Vox have been announced for next week's NWA TV tapings in Atlanta.

The announcing team will be Joe Galli and Jim Cornette. Dave Marquez and Kyle Durden will be working as correspondents on the tapings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
On September 30th, the National Wrestling Alliance will hold a press conference at the Hard Rock Café in Atlanta, Georgia ahead of their television tapings later that day and on October 1st. Appearing at the press conference are all champions of the NWA. Also, Billy Corgan will reveal the name of NWA’s weekly television series and where viewers can watch the show.
Quote:
The Washington Post profiled several stars of All Elite Wrestling ahead of the company’s debut show on TNT in Washington, DC. The publication also spoke with Brett Weitz, who is the general manager for TNT, TBS, and truTV. Brett said that he is surprised WWE Chairman Vince McMahon “went to defense” as quick as he did in regards to NXT going head-to-head with AEW:“It’s really rare for a challenger to be on offense right out of the gate and I’m surprised Vince went to defense as fast as he did,” TNT’s Weitz says, adding, “I don’t think a monarchy can last forever.”
Quote:
WWE United Kingdom Champion WALTER is not appearing at wXw’s show this coming Sunday. WALTER took to Twitter and revealed that he asked for that day off to lighten his travel schedule and apologized to those who were looking forward to seeing him live.
Quote:
According to John Ourand of the Sports Business Journal, Dish Network has dropped FOX channels.
Quote:
Newsweek interviewed Ring Of Honor C.O.O. Joe Koff. Koff opened up about ROH’s partnership with New Japan Pro-Wrestling and NJPW wanting a stake in America and touring the country independently without the assistance of other promotions:

“They [partnerships] are important in the development of your organization. We’ve been very generous in that regard because we think wrestling as an industry is important, not just being the promotion or ‘that’ promotion. So whenever an opportunity arises, we are open to taking it. I think right now what you are seeing is, as more eyes are on it, you have people saying, ‘Let’s get in it’, and getting in it today is a lot different than the past,” Koff explained. “One thing Sinclair has always afforded us, and one reason we got into professional wrestling, is that I had distribution. I have a lot of distribution via our over-the-air, free coverage, be it at our emerging network like on Stadium or Charge. Hopefully, soon, nothing is finalized yet. Plus we have our own streaming platform. I don’t have to go out and find it. That will always be an advantage. Right now it’s a good time for a lot of these promotions to start to come out on their own. New Japan is a wonderful partner. I don’t want you to think MSG was all Ring of Honor. It was a combination at the right time with a good card, and it was a good partnership. We would have done the same for them at Wrestle Kingdom and their Japan shows. But they want a stake in America as well and not be associated with it, which is why you’re seeing New Japan touring independently of other promotions. I don’t blame them. It’s a business and that’s their business.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer reports that SCU (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky) vs. Jurassic Express (Luchasaurus, Jungle Boy and Marko Stunt) will be the dark mark for AEW Dynamite on Oct. 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucha Blog
as mentioned a few days ago on the blog, Dragon Lee is off all CMLL cards as apparent punishment for working PWG's BOLA against orders.

very quietly, Rush has also not worked a show for CMLL in about three weeks and isn't on any current lineups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
It was reported earlier this week that the WWE 205 Live series is set to move to Friday nights on the WWE Network next week, and that WWE would still film the show after SmackDown each week.

In an update, Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that this is not a permanent schedule change. 205 Live will air from Los Angeles next Friday night, after SmackDown goes off the air, but the company has not decided on if they will keep the show on Fridays. It was noted that several ideas are being thrown around, including possibly ending 205 Live altogether. Until they come to a final decision on the future of the show, it will air on the WWE Network after SmackDown goes off the air on Fridays ...

Apparently 205 Live is suffering from low viewership on the WWE Network as well. Meltzer noted that Network numbers show that the show hasn't done well in a long time. He speculated that it would be more cost-effective for WWE to sell an hour of weekly post-SmackDown programming to FS1 or some other network, than to tape 205 Live for airing on the WWE Network each week.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote